Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model 3 Performance 2021 Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I take it every one on here has had test drive /flight in one of these albeit the old model I'm curious what your previous cars were I never thought I'd part with mb e63 till a hour round camb (Feb 14 2020 ) with open mind had me hooked ?
I've currently got a 2018 Audi TTRS Roadster which it will be replacing... eventually. The TTRS will accelerate to 60 in 3.6 seconds, and make a good lot of noise when it does so, handles like a dream and is comfortable when you want it to be. I thought it was the perfect car, except the 18MPG if you drive carefully. Like you said, kept an open mind, drove the M3P and LR, along with a lot of other cars... the M3P was just so me!!

Reactions: Davecake
I take it every one on here has had test drive /flight in one of these albeit the old model I'm curious what your previous cars were I never thought I'd part with mb e63 till a hour round camb (Feb 14 2020 ) with open mind had me hooked ?

I have never ever even sat in any Tesla! I suppose without covid I would have gone for a test drive under normal circumstances.

I feel like I've pushed my whole stack of chips into the middle of the table............ I'm all in!

I have never ever even sat in any Tesla! I suppose without covid I would have gone for a test drive under normal circumstances.

I feel like I've pushed my whole stack of chips into the middle of the table............ all in!
Even my Tesla hating father in law who only went to test drive one to prove me wrong fell in love with it and ended up buying a LR on the spot from stock (using my referral code!) I'm sure you'll love it. It was a safe bet!! :)

I had my mind set on a model s from around when they launched sometime around 2014 I think it was, I remember driving it, it was imported from the Netherlands P90D left hand drive as there were no right hand drives at that time.

The bloke I was with put it in insane mode and told me to smash the accelerator, I did and a smile swept across my face like no other, It took me until Lockdown 2021 to decide to go for a test drive in a M3P, and I got the same smile and that your honour is why I have my M3P due for delivery this month.

How this incoming Tesla has changed me 🤣
Had to pop to John Lewis in Southampton earlier......coming back, I saw the Mayflower sign so couldn't resist......like a true Tesla stalker (saddo?) I found myself filming the cars as I drove past 🤩

Observationally, seems like they may have shifted from the terminal to the car park with portacabins......a few tatty (windswept) Tesla signs on the path and lots of movement from that car park as they seemingly move the cars.
We would have all done the same. You aren’t alone lol 😂

I have driven a 2021 Fremont P and a MIC LR. Had a good look round three 21 plate MIC cars at the Aberdeen SC last week when I picked up my key fob too. Paint and panel gaps on all three cars were spot on so it does look and sound from the Q2 deliveries that MIC modes are consistent which is what Tesla really needed.

No sign of the battery issue on the P we test drove, ran it down to 30% ish as we had it over 3 hours and it felt just the same at the end as the beginning.

I came from a GLC63s so like yourself was used to repeatable 4WD launches at sub 4 seconds, the M3P still feels much quicker tho

Reactions: Davecake
Nope - only car I have bought blind(folded) and been totally dazzled by the anticipation and expectation
3 year old BMW 340i and Range Rover Autobiography ditched to make way for the battery beast.

I test drove a performance in feb last year, I drove a model S in Norway 8 years ago and ever since that drive I’ve wanted a Tesla! My last two cars were a F31 BMW 335d and before that a B7 Audi S4.

LOOOOOOOOOL
Nope.
Sat in one at Fully charged but that's the closest I've ever got to one..
Utterly bat**** really, spending £67k on something I know very little about other than what I've read and watched online.

15 days to go til I find oout whether I've been duped or not :D

Edit.. Oh previous performance car was a highly tuned Impreza 2000 Turbo (2.5L cosworth) trackday car..

Last edited:

Coming from a 2020 LR (with accel. boost) so kinda know what I’m getting. bought the LR blind, no test drive, never saw one until I got mine.... totally blown away, as I am sure, you will be 😃

nope, never even sat in one. Coming from a 1.6D skoda superb 🤣
Ditto! Had various Audi and BMW cars over the years then sold my last BMW and been driving my daughters Aygo while waiting for delivery. To make matters worse its black boxed although its pretty hard to break many speed limits especially when the AC sucks what little power there is out of the tiny 1L engine 😂

I haven't sat in a Tesla, let alone driven one. I have never driven a performance car of any description. I suppose I have jumped feet first into the deep end without testing the water. 🤣

I am coming from a 1.8 petrol hybrid Toyota CHR 😬

I've been stressing about my insurance quote, which I did the night I ordered it on 4th May. It was a really good price I thought (and so did you lot when I mentioned it in the order thread £336 )
Tried in vain to get Tesla to send me a Reg No so I could move forward with the quote and seal the good price.
We'll that didn't happen obviously, as it's still too early to get that info for a 19th June collection,,, so I bit my lip and red-did the quote just now..
Only bloody LOWER
£309.14 WHAAAAAAAAAATT
WINNING!!

Status
Not open for further replies.