Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model Y Order Book Open

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I put my money down to hold a MY place. £100 is lunch money for me (a very good and bibulous lunch, albeit). Went for white (again) d/t Spanish sun, LR, B/W premium interior, EAP (not FSD this time). Might go monthly for FSD for long hauls but maybe not...

Still love my 2020 LR FSD M3. Not sure if I'll sell for the MY or just skip a lunch 😂

Still have a CyberTruck reservation in the kitty

I'm tempted by the larger load capactity (mountain bike and camping gear etc) but the range and accleration vs my current M3P isn't great. The "tech" hasn't really moved on a great deal either. At this point I'm holding off for another 18 months or so to see what develops; also with other manufacturers. It will be nice to see the Y in the UK though and been a long while coming. Congrats to those who've ordered.

Reactions: kelvin 660
Prices continue to edge up in the US. Demand for the Y is phenomenal, inflation will continue to push up UK prices. £54k is reasonable compared to EU prices.
I guarantee you will not see a cheaper YLR. All Musks savings will result in more Tesla profit, not price reduction. The second hand Tesla market is booming! No depreciation there!

I really want one of these, ticks every box under the sun for me. I’m really am however at my upper limit on the spendy scale at £52,190 for the m3LR, blue, premium interior and sports wheels. I do have the cash set aside to make that extra leap up but as similarly specked MY takes me up to £57k, it’s just getting silly really and not sure I’m comfortable spending more on a car than I did my first house. So I think I’ll have to wait until we get a sr+ version or they are on the second hand market. Pants.

Prices continue to edge up in the US. Demand for the Y is phenomenal, inflation will continue to push up UK prices. £54k is reasonable compared to EU prices.
I guarantee you will not see a cheaper YLR. All Musks savings will result in more Tesla profit, not price reduction. The second hand Tesla market is booming! No depreciation there!
It’s £55k

You have to remember that currently the only cars you can order without ridiculous waits are Tesla’s and Toyota’s, that will change as the new chip manufacturing plants ramp up production.

It’s £55k

You have to remember that currently the only cars you can order without ridiculous waits are Tesla’s and Toyota’s, that will change as the new chip manufacturing plants ramp up production.
The only thing that could change the situation is Tesla Superchargers being opened up to other vehicles. Compared with anything else you might buy, there is nothing under this price...BMW, Merc, Audi all dearer

I really want one of these, ticks every box under the sun for me. I’m really am however at my upper limit on the spendy scale at £52,190 for the m3LR, blue, premium interior and sports wheels. I do have the cash set aside to make that extra leap up but as similarly specked MY takes me up to £57k, it’s just getting silly really and not sure I’m comfortable spending more on a car than I did my first house. So I think I’ll have to wait until we get a sr+ version or they are on the second hand market. Pants.
Same boat as you. I wish the Model X had depreciated a bit more as an alternative, but alas, a 2017 75D X will still set you back £57k.

I'm tempted by the larger load capactity (mountain bike and camping gear etc) but the range and accleration vs my current M3P isn't great. The "tech" hasn't really moved on a great deal either. At this point I'm holding off for another 18 months or so to see what develops; also with other manufacturers. It will be nice to see the Y in the UK though and been a long while coming. Congrats to those who've ordered.

For truly loading capacities I would guess cybertruck or the Rivian one would be ideal. That's my plan at least for when the kids grow up and i would have to carry mountain bikes etc ;)

Quite a hit on the WLTP range vs Model 3 - Model Y LR is 315 vs 360 miles for Model 3 LR. Under 300 miles for Model Y performance. Not that WLTP is a good estimate of real world range. When Model Y was launched in US, I'm sure that it was closer if not better than the then non heat pump Model 3's. 315 miles is well down on even the original Model 3's which was WLTP 349 iirc (310 miles EPA).
For truly loading capacities I would guess cybertruck or the Rivian one would be ideal. That's my plan at least for when the kids grow up and i would have to carry mountain bikes etc ;)
Yes, the Rivian is very juicy but I doubt it'll make it to these shores before 2023 (if that) and may be a tad too large for UK roads anyway....