Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] Model Y revised suspension - inc retrofit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From what I’ve read, cars built from mid Jan have the revised, softer suspension.

My car is currently on the water and arriving in Southampton next week.

I know it’s all a guess but those who can make an educated guess, will this have the revised suspension or is it still a bit early?

Thanks.

I have a Q4 MYLR delivered Dec 22 and it’s got a softer set up than the early Demo
I drove in the summer of 22. Have you read of another revision?
Sorry I just read the linked article. I’d be surprised if Shanghai haven’t been using this set up since Oct 22. The difference between early and late 2022 cars is noticeable. Mine is a non USS car with a 560 Vin.
My set up feels about BMW M Sport (on run flat) stiff. No issue on potholed roads but firm.

Pretty sure there’s another thread on the retrofit, speculation was it’s just a revised damper or shock that massively improved things. Swapping out a couple of suspension parts is a relatively cheap tho g to do.

As for whether your car has it, if you know the vin you can work out the build date, and if you know when it changed you can have a good idea.

Pretty sure there’s another thread on the retrofit, speculation was it’s just a revised damper or shock that massively improved things. Swapping out a couple of suspension parts is a relatively cheap tho g to do.

As for whether your car has it, if you know the vin you can work out the build date, and if you know when it changed you can have a good idea.
Anyone know about the thread mentioned above?

All a bit subjective but I received an inventory MYP in January which, whilst a bit taught, was fine for my tastes. I had come from a M3P however. Mainly for practicality, it's now on TSportline 19s and absolutely fine. I wouldn't want it any softer for sure. My guess is that it may already have been tweaked.

Reactions: Lord Farquad
Looks like someone in the US managed to replace their 2021 suspension with the 2023 comfort version - any success in the UK?

I’m just about to get a used 22 MYLR (with USS 😎) so started looking around . Asked a few local “Tesla approved “ garages they said not interested . I’m assuming that can get the parts ok from Tesla , just that they won’t for them ? . But you never know .
Will prob see how I go anyways / turns out the new Tesla I had for test drive back in Jan had old suspension and it seemed fine . ( I assumed it was new model )

So IF it's just a matter of replacing the two rear springs and the two front damper assemblies - a) is this likely to work for a 2020 MY and b) can any competent auto mechanic switch these out? How much work is it in terms of hours?

Seems a little too good to be true.