Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Owners with v10?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I collected my car yesterday and noticed that it is only running 2019.27.103. Support have said they will need to escalate to an advanced team. I am surprised they don't make sure the cars are up to date before letting people collect them as it seems I will now have to wait to take it back in. :( I'm guessing there isn't a way of forcing an update?

I collected my car yesterday and noticed that it is only running 2019.27.103. Support have said they will need to escalate to an advanced team. I am surprised they don't make sure the cars are up to date before letting people collect them as it seems I will now have to wait to take it back in. :( I'm guessing there isn't a way of forcing an update?

I can't imagine you will have to take it in (unless they specifically said you would have to). It may need someone to manually sequence the software updates that will come to you but that shouldn't need you to go to a service centre.

Reactions: Chickenlips
Still on 12.1 , tried tethering to my phone but not getting a dhcp address message all the time when i had this working before 12.1. Bit stuck atm as i don't have a wifi signal where i park. Will try again in a few days

Still on 12.1 , tried tethering to my phone but not getting a dhcp address message all the time when i had this working before 12.1. Bit stuck atm as i don't have a wifi signal where i park. Will try again in a few days

Bizarrely mine had been waiting for v10 and had been on wifi much of the time at home but the night it downloaded the car was on LTE !

What version are you on now? Mine (collected two days ago) is on 2019.32.12.2 and it hasn't prompted for an update since it's been on my home wifi.

thats the latest wide spread release.

they don't release en-mass, they do targeted releases to mitigate against issues. Its not like an app or OS rollout.

don't know why some don't get releases for ages though.

Reactions: rotor2k
It seems new cars are often a few releases back. Ours was on collection and took a week or two before it updated to the latest. I get the impression this isn't unusual and (in my view) the updates don't make so big a difference that
a week or two is something to care much about.

Anyway, as an autopilot aside, I just watched "Sully". Couldn't help but notice that the beeps and warnings on an aeroplane that's about to crash with are only very similarly annoying to those that come from a Tesla that isn't about to crash. Roll on superturbocharged Joe Mode.

Last edited:
still no update for me, tried pressing and holding advance and hitting advance 5 times , multiple times nothing. it does not connect to my phone as tethered either just the standard dhcp error message

uC9EWxM.jpg

The service centre just pushed 2019.36.2.1 out to me saying that was the latest update (not sure it is?) Very happy to have v10 now with free power upgrade though. Spotify seems to be missing a podcast section. Is this something that will be added do we know?

still stuck on 32.1 , tried local shopping centre still not able to connect getting the dhcp error message. Will need to contact tesla chat support , hopefully they can force a update

still no update for me, tried pressing and holding advance and hitting advance 5 times , multiple times nothing. it does not connect to my phone as tethered either just the standard dhcp error message

uC9EWxM.jpg

still stuck on 32.1 , tried local shopping centre still not able to connect getting the dhcp error message. Will need to contact tesla chat support , hopefully they can force a update

Assuming you have good WiFi to the car (tethering to mobile phone WiFi was good enough for me to download v10.1 yesterday) and you’ve tried forced updates, you may just need to be patient and wait for the software to be made available to you for download.

Tesla seem to push out software updates to batches of cars at a time. I’m not sure what criteria they use but you should see a notification via the app when there is an update available for you to download.

I can see v10 adds Theatre (Netflix, YouTube and Tesla videos). I was under the impression (incorrectly it seems) that v10 would also include an Internet browser.

Do the folks with the paid premium interior have an internet browser in Tesla Theatre?

I can see v10 adds Theatre (Netflix, YouTube and Tesla videos). I was under the impression (incorrectly it seems) that v10 would also include an Internet browser.

Do the folks with the paid premium interior have an internet browser in Tesla Theatre?
I have had an internet browser even before v10 (and still have it in v10). It is not in Tesla Theatre, but is available as a selection in the quick menu.