Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Owners with v10?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unicorn is afraid of shadows.
2 phantom brake events driving over shadows both at around 40mph. I bet it scared the *sugar* out of the guys following me.
Im not using it fttb.

Am now on 2019.32.12.2 on AP 2 X.

AP (with FSD) 90 miles today on M6 with tight road works, M69 with free moving traffic. Not a single episode of phantom braking.

Moved to hug right side of lane when passing lorries, lane changes pretty good too.

A definite improvement compared to v9, I was pleasantly surprised. It was so good we got to the end of the M way section before I realised as we were too busy having a chat in the car and I wasn't aware just how much progress we had made as the car was so competent I just let it do its thing!

"M6 with tight road works ... just let it do its thing!"

How did it handle reduced speed limit eg from 70 down to 50 in the roadworks. Did it slow down to 50 automatically or do you need to be on the ball and change it yourself?

It still doesn't read speed limits, but slowed down to 50mph for the M69 curve that joins the M6, and than merged into the M6 by itself!!

There was so much traffic we weren't even doing 50 most of the time, and than took it self off the right junction!

Really impressive actually, a world away from the very buggy Navigate on AP that first came out with v9 in the summer.

Even more impressive is the fact all this is been done on our car with 2.0 AP CPU, so Tesla still haven't started to really leverage the additional processing power of the 3.0 AP CPU.

Hopefully next 6 months with v10 will bring alot more AP improvements as the code starts to really push the 3.0 CPU :).

• Informative
Reactions: NateB and ajp558
I haven't had the chance to play on motorways since I got 12.1 on my S but did have a play on single carriageway country roads today. Yes I know it's not supposed to be used and my reflexes were on the trips. I test it on that stretch from time to time.
The impression i get is that it's looking a little further ahead than it used to and making more attempt to anticipate and slow down for the bends BUT it still isn't lookng far enough ahead and on the tighter bends it's secondary braking in the bend (so poorly assessing the bend in advace) and on the sharp bends it drops out - but that may be steering angle limits. HOWEVER it still shows no sign of handling bends in the way a human would by assessing any on-coming traffic and where possible reducing the bend curvature by going closer to the middle or side at the apex. NOR is there any suggestion on these sorts of roads that it'll stay near the middle when there;s no oncoming and it's traffic free - necessary to give the suicidal wildlife more chance.
Worst was the failure to give a cyclist enough room (I took over before that could matter) - car would have tried to squeeze past without crossing the white line and would have kept at 60 a hands-breadth from his shoulders - not safe.
Finally the screen blanked out on me, recovered the binnacle but mains screen stayed off and took way longer than usual to respond to the 2 wheel reboot (no need to stop to do that).

Reactions: jimbo_hippo
It still doesn't read speed limits, but slowed down to 50mph for the M69 curve that joins the M6, and than merged into the M6 by itself!!

There was so much traffic we weren't even doing 50 most of the time, and than took it self off the right junction!

I've had mixed results at on/off ramps - not sure if I'm doing it wrong, but are you still meant to confirm the onramp merge or offramp exit? I've seen mixed comments on this and are still none the wiser other than to say that I've always had to take control at some point. Yes, NOA was on, except when it turned off for bad weather! Which raises the question, when NOA tells you it is unavailable due to bad weather, when the message disappears, does it mean its back available again.

I've had mixed results at on/off ramps - not sure if I'm doing it wrong, but are you still meant to confirm the onramp merge or offramp exit? I've seen mixed comments on this and are still none the wiser other than to say that I've always had to take control at some point. Yes, NOA was on, except when it turned off for bad weather! Which raises the question, when NOA tells you it is unavailable due to bad weather, when the message disappears, does it mean its back available again.
If on NOA, and it's a ramp NOA knows about, then I have had it signal and exit the motorway all on its own.

But, whether it's going to do it or not is a mystery to me. Most it doesn't, even though it says it knows my exit is ahead, it only exits on its own on some exits.

It tried to do it on the northbound ramp for entering fleet services, but I cancelled it when it wanted to use the hard shoulder as the exit lane :rolleyes:

If there was a visual cue to say if it's going to take an exit on its own that would be great - is there one I'm missing?

It tried to do it on the northbound ramp for entering fleet services, but I cancelled it when it wanted to use the hard shoulder as the exit lane :rolleyes:

Braver man than me!

First time I tried AP was a trip out to Fleet SC and back. I thought that I would add NoA into the mix, but didn't know if blue meant active or a button to make it active, as in 'I'm big and blue, press me'... Having decided that its insistence to take me west and not off at 5 for the return back meant that I was not on NoA - thankfully I realised before it was too late and motorway was sparse. So tried it back down the ramp and after the brief lurch indicating that it disagreed with my road positioning, found that it wanted to find the very limit of the on ramp. So I took control. Gave it another chance coming off at fleet services and whilst it graciously started the manoeuvre, decided that its idea of how to manoeuvre a hard left followed by sharp right did not match mine, especially when it got its left and right muddled. So bailed.

I've done Fleet services a couple of times since, but until it knows that the turn for the superchargers are on the right side of off ramp and not left, I will not risk letting the yank drive there by itself.

I’m also in the same boat.
1200px-JEAN_LOUIS_THÉODORE_GÉRICAULT_-_La_Balsa_de_la_Medusa_(Museo_del_Louvre,_1818-19).jpg