Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] Spring Software Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another iteration has appeared
1000000516.png

Don't quote me on it but I'm sure I saw it said elsewhere that 2024.14.5 added the Tesla Vision Autopark.....
Yeah I think it will for US, just will they release this in other markets or is it US only is all. You'd think it shouldn't matter for parking either on LHD or RHD but maybe if trained in the US only it might have issues with our smaller parking spots. Otherwise it should really be fine I'd think.

Apparently 2024.14.5 has the new FSD 12 in it. Obviously we don’t get that in the UK but it might mean they can enable the new Autopark in this country as the code will be there to do it. Doesn’t mean they will of course.
The visualization is definitely very different, it picks up more cars further away, it attempts to see indicators and brake lights of other cars. Seems to get confused by the reflection off them though. It still does strange things though, like yesterday a stop sign followed be round all day 😂

• Funny
Reactions: FastLaneJB
Would this be single stack autopilot (in its most generic sense) with regions just having different capabilities enabled? It would make a lot of sense for Tesla to do that and I reallly hope they’re not running one massive single net that takes 8 cameras and the output is turn left or right - there must be intermediate exports of data for the visualisations

Would this be single stack autopilot (in its most generic sense) with regions just having different capabilities enabled? It would make a lot of sense for Tesla to do that and I reallly hope they’re not running one massive single net that takes 8 cameras and the output is turn left or right - there must be intermediate exports of data for the visualisations
It must make their lives a lot easier if they could drop old legacy code that they are no longer developing. While they improve the cars in the US, they remain stagnant in all their other markets. I get we won't get the FSD city streets part but sort out dual carriageway / motorways and bring it up to BlueCruise levels. If FSD 12.4 doesn't require hands on steering wheel anymore and works well, get this submitted to UK government for approval like Ford did for use in certain geofenced roads.

If they want a suggestion for a trial area, I propose this ;)

1715334310413.png

Reactions: andyorkney
The visualization is definitely very different, it picks up more cars further away, it attempts to see indicators and brake lights of other cars. Seems to get confused by the reflection off them though. It still does strange things though, like yesterday a stop sign followed be round all day 😂
It would be great no longer seeing lorries ramming my car over according to current FSD visualisations indeed...

Reactions: piffmunday
It must make their lives a lot easier if they could drop old legacy code that they are no longer developing. While they improve the cars in the US, they remain stagnant in all their other markets. I get we won't get the FSD city streets part but sort out dual carriageway / motorways and bring it up to BlueCruise levels. If FSD 12.4 doesn't require hands on steering wheel anymore and works well, get this submitted to UK government for approval like Ford did for use in certain geofenced roads.

If they want a suggestion for a trial area, I propose this ;)

View attachment 1045866
You missed out the run up the coast to F(H)unstanton, if anywhere needs self drive it’s there during the summer months - slow speeds in queues with stop starts will make an ideal test bed 😜

Reactions: FastLaneJB
This update popped up for me on Thursday morning, when I got back to the car afterwork, it had disappeared. Been checking since and no update, even though in my unifi I can see it downloaded 5.7GB of data...It's always fun and games...

This update popped up for me on Thursday morning, when I got back to the car afterwork, it had disappeared. Been checking since and no update, even though in my unifi I can see it downloaded 5.7GB of data...It's always fun and games...
It would be interesting to see if we're going to get 14.3, or if we'll be blessed with 14.6 that includes FSDv12 and could possibly change some AP/EAP behaviour here..

Reactions: dombera