Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[uk] UltraSonic Sensors removal/TV replacement performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla said: "....In the near future, once these features achieve performance parity to today’s vehicles, they will be restored via a series of over-the-air software updates...."

I'm not seeing 'performance parity'
They mention a series of updates. I’d rather have a beta version than none at all. It will improve over time, I believe. Looking forward to having it in my car!

Tesla said: "....In the near future, once these features achieve performance parity to today’s vehicles, they will be restored via a series of over-the-air software updates...."

I'm not seeing 'performance parity'
I think you're reading this the wrong way, 'performance parity with todays vehicles' - today's vehicles have no USS

Just downloaded recent update including the Tesla vision park assist. USS is more accurate but it works fairly accurately. At least it will give the dri some idea. It says I’m 17 inch from my front obstacle but I’m really about 12 inch from the nose to the garage door…so 30% margin of error? Not an official review or study…maybe someone can do an actual measurement and the margin of error for the park assist. If it is 30% though…that’s pretty big right?

Attachments

• 4094D033-FF6F-46D2-AFC6-57893853597F.jpeg
    4094D033-FF6F-46D2-AFC6-57893853597F.jpeg
    312.2 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Durzel
Just downloaded recent update including the Tesla vision park assist. USS is more accurate but it works fairly accurately. At least it will give the dri some idea. It says I’m 17 inch from my front obstacle but I’m really about 12 inch from the nose to the garage door…so 30% margin of error? Not an official review or study…maybe someone can do an actual measurement and the margin of error for the park assist. If it is 30% though…that’s pretty big right?
I wouldn't mind if it wasn't 100% accurate but you would hope if it wasn't that it would air on the side of caution i.e. calculate that you are 12 inchs from an obstacle when you are actually 17 inchs. At least there would be no damage done in that scenario

I wouldn't mind if it wasn't 100% accurate but you would hope if it wasn't that it would air on the side of caution i.e. calculate that you are 12 inchs from an obstacle when you are actually 17 inchs. At least there would be no damage done in that scenario
True, it would be nice if it is the other way around as far as measuring distance from the obstacle…. I wouldn’t park that close to a wall anyway if it is avoidable. I remember mostly people were complaining about the advantage of the USS that it can actually see or sense the curb in front of the car whilst the vision can’t. So you still run the risk of your front bumper going over the curb and scratching or maybe even damaging the bottom of the front bumper.

Reactions: Ger Mu
TeslaFi's stats say only 15 cars have the update at present. I think that must be wrong unless every single one of them has taken to reddit/twitter etc to talk about it but even if it's a way off it suggests that the deployment is pretty small at present. None of the people I've seen discussing it have been outside the US.

TeslaFi's stats say only 15 cars have the update at present. I think that must be wrong unless every single one of them has taken to reddit/twitter etc to talk about it but even if it's a way off it suggests that the deployment is pretty small at present. None of the people I've seen discussing it have been outside the US.
Thanks! i keep checking, its my single biggest gripe with the car.

Reactions: H43lio