Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What's the point of having the white seats when you're just going to cover them? The material is already coated with a stain resistant finish.
I'd go with something like this: :D

Floral-print-Bowknot-Lace-Universal-Auto-Car-Seat-Cover-Set-21pcs-ice-silk-Beige-l1.jpg

What's the point of having the white seats when you're just going to cover them? The material is already coated with a stain resistant finish.

So from the little amount of research I've gathered from visiting a few Tesla stores with different seat options on the showroom, as well as some research with some of my detailer friends, the Ultra White seats should in theory hold up better than the leather seats in the photo above. Leather is a natural material and will stretch over time.

From what I've seen from Tesla Stores, the Ultra White seats in the stores that take a lot of abuse look great still.

Reactions: Kacey Green
That's one reason why they stopped making the perforated seats. The UW material holds up very well otherwise.

Exactly why they discountihued perforated Uw seats is still unknown. Could be durability, could be because they didn't work well. Irrespective of that, some of us have them. I wanted to know if anyone is doing anything to protect them.

We have white ultra leather in our yacht and that takes some serious weather/punishment. It holds up incredibly well but it will slightly yellow overtime. Nothing you can do about it apart from keep it out of UV light.

With our MX, I'm just careful about blue jeans and buttons that may catch the perforated seats. Apart from that, it's an amazing interior.. absolutely love it every time I get in the car (spaceship)

We have white ultra leather in our yacht and that takes some serious weather/punishment. It holds up incredibly well but it will slightly yellow overtime. Nothing you can do about it apart from keep it out of UV light.

With our MX, I'm just careful about blue jeans and buttons that may catch the perforated seats. Apart from that, it's an amazing interior.. absolutely love it every time I get in the car (spaceship)

So sorry, thanks for posting, but what does your yacht's white leather have anything to do with MX non leather UV seats? Not the same material.

Just wanted to chime in here since it's been a long time since I've posted to this thread. We have owned our X P90D for a year -- have 15K miles on it and our UW white seats (perforated) look just like new. We have two kids, often have one or two others with us, rarely eat in the car but it does happen, don't try to baby the interior -- treat it just like our other cars. Very happy with the UW seats and they will be our first choice if available on the Model 3. Yes, they get dirty and show dirt, but clean up very easy. No staining even though I wear blue jeans pretty much every day.

Data point: Dropped off my MX at SC last night and drove away in a brand new 90D MS with 479 miles on the clock. When I got in the car, I felt that something was wrong at first. Black leather seats felt so uncomfortable. I kept adjusting them every which way, but they feel stiff and not "cushy". My perforated UW seats feel like I am seating on a gel mattress; truly awesome. Can't wait to get my MX back!

I'm looking for some advice on our 2016 Model X Ultra White Seats. We love our X and love the white seats however in the first 90 days of ownership we noticed the drivers seat staining with black on the left side and it wouldn't wipe off, on top of the staining we noticed the black pipping starting to wear off, we brought this to the attention of Tesla Support immediately. 8 months later waiting for a new seat and I'm now being told the seat will not be replaced as wear and tear is not covered under warranty?

I have escalated this with service manager and Tesla Corporate and am getting an update today from Service Manager but I wanted to see if anyone else is having this issue? We treat our cars like gold and clean and care for them regularly. We have tried professional detailer to get the stain out and Tesla Service also paid for a detail to try and resolve to no avail.

The staining is also not coming off our centre console leather. As I mentioned this started in the first 90 days of ownership. Every other stain on the seats or leather wipes of easily with a damp cloth.
2017-09-04 13.17.29.jpg
2017-09-04 14.07.56.jpg

I'm looking for some advice on our 2016 Model X Ultra White Seats. We love our X and love the white seats however in the first 90 days of ownership we noticed the drivers seat staining with black on the left side and it wouldn't wipe off, on top of the staining we noticed the black pipping starting to wear off, we brought this to the attention of Tesla Support immediately. 8 months later waiting for a new seat and I'm now being told the seat will not be replaced as wear and tear is not covered under warranty?

I have escalated this with service manager and Tesla Corporate and am getting an update today from Service Manager but I wanted to see if anyone else is having this issue? We treat our cars like gold and clean and care for them regularly. We have tried professional detailer to get the stain out and Tesla Service also paid for a detail to try and resolve to no avail.

The staining is also not coming off our centre console leather. As I mentioned this started in the first 90 days of ownership. Every other stain on the seats or leather wipes of easily with a damp cloth.
View attachment 248736 View attachment 248737
After 23,000km my seats still look like new... except the exact strip you pictured above. Right at the entry there is some staining on the seat. It hasn’t bothered me enough to do anything about it and the piping is also darkening over time on the arm rest just like yours (from the oils in our skin no doubt). I’m interested to hear what your outcome is.

View attachment 248736 View attachment 248737
Stalker! How'd you get a picture of my car!

No but really, I have light blue staining on that very strip, and nowhere else in the car. I think I got it about 6 months in. Perfectly white before that, and hasn't gotten any worse since. I'm pretty sure I must have sat on it with wet jeans. My black piping is still fine, and the console armrest is also fine color wise, but the stitching is starting to fray a bit where it gets rubbed a lot. I tried some leather cleaner to get it out a few months back, and it helped a little bit, but mostly I've just accepted that it's not a brand new car anymore. I still love the UW's softness and ease of wiping every other stain off.

Anyone know what the cost to replace a white seat ( only non-perf at this point? ) is?

Thx
Depends on the seat. I had a second row heated seat replaced under warranty due to tearing at the seam. I think he said it was like $2,500 just for the seat, because it all comes as one unit (post, heater, seat itself, seatbelt, etc.). Add in that monoposts have gone the way of the dodo... I hope I never have to pay to replace one (which might be part of the reason monoposts were discontinued). A driver's seat might be cheaper cause no monopost.

• Informative
Reactions: X Fan
Stalker! How'd you get a picture of my car!

No but really, I have light blue staining on that very strip, and nowhere else in the car. I think I got it about 6 months in. Perfectly white before that, and hasn't gotten any worse since. I'm pretty sure I must have sat on it with wet jeans. My black piping is still fine, and the console armrest is also fine color wise, but the stitching is starting to fray a bit where it gets rubbed a lot. I tried some leather cleaner to get it out a few months back, and it helped a little bit, but mostly I've just accepted that it's not a brand new car anymore. I still love the UW's softness and ease of wiping every other stain off.
I also have a very similar looking strip on my seat. I've tried the user manual prescribed IPA idea and so far it doesn't seem to be making any difference. Thus I'm now considering other solutions that may not be supported by Tesla. I've been mindful that I don't want to do anything that might remove the stain resistant coating or otherwise damage the material but I don't really want to end up with a blue/white seat either.
I've been pretty vocal here and to potential buyers about the wonders of these seats so I'm now feeling a bit sheepish. Given how prevalent these seats are becoming, I think Tesla needs to come up with more information on the care and maintenance of these seats as they are still pretty unique, and without knowing what they are made of and what the coating is, it's pretty difficult to manage their upkeep.