Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How are the solid white seats for long trips?? I'm about to order and really debating between ultrawhite and multipattern. The UW looks so much nicer, but I'm worried that on multihour trips, my backside will get slightly damp/sweaty as there are no perforations or ventiation options. All of my cars in the last 5years have had either ventilation or perforations in the leather.

How are the solid white seats for long trips?? I'm about to order and really debating between ultrawhite and multipattern. The UW looks so much nicer, but I'm worried that on multihour trips, my backside will get slightly damp/sweaty as there are no perforations or ventiation options. All of my cars in the last 5years have had either ventilation or perforations in the leather.
Just took at 10-11 hour road trip with 4 people and solid UW seats and no problem. A/C was set to ~69 but otherwise we were comfortable and no sweaty backs. Plus you are making the mandatory 3 hour stop to recharge

I was considering UW but end up with multi-pattern after seeing two brand new Model Xs with UW seats in the inventory. They "look" beautiful and very unique. However, they all show some wrinkles or scratch marks at the back of the seats around the headrest and door areas. Maybe the two UW seats ones were older inventory.

Btw, if you need a referral code to save $1,000 and get free unlimited supercharging, please use my code here: My Tesla Referral Code

Mine don't have any wrinkles or scratches. That's weird.

One of the reasons I ordered the UW seats were because I thought they looked like they held up better than the Tesla leather seats I have seen in person. Hopefully the newest (Tesla Premium) leather seats are better, but most (not all) leather Next Gen seats and (even worse) original leather seats have lots of wrinkles or "sag". My BMW leather seats looked better at 10 years old by far compared to even 3 year old (2014 era) Tesla leather seats. YMMV of course, but I am just saying what I personally observed looking at other Teslas I have seen in person or in photos (eBay, Autotrader, etc).

However, the Ultra White seats I have seen in person that are used for extensive amounts of test drives looked virtually new. Given the "history" of Tesla leather seats (again in my observations), I felt that the UW had a better chance of holding up longer term. That, along with Tesla saying that they are the most stain resistant, led me to make the UW choice. Oh and they look like they are straight out of the future ;-). Only time will tell how they (and the newest Tesla Premium leather seats) hold up long term. And by that I mean 3, 4, 5+ years. We will see!

Reactions: hiroshiy
One of the reasons I ordered the UW seats were because I thought they looked like they held up better than the Tesla leather seats I have seen in person. Hopefully the newest (Tesla Premium) leather seats are better, but most (not all) leather Next Gen seats and (even worse) original leather seats have lots of wrinkles or "sag". My BMW leather seats looked better at 10 years old by far compared to even 3 year old (2014 era) Tesla leather seats. YMMV of course, but I am just saying what I personally observed looking at other Teslas I have seen in person or in photos (eBay, Autotrader, etc).

However, the Ultra White seats I have seen in person that are used for extensive amounts of test drives looked virtually new. Given the "history" of Tesla leather seats (again in my observations), I felt that the UW had a better chance of holding up longer term. That, along with Tesla saying that they are the most stain resistant, led me to make the UW choice. Oh and they look like they are straight out of the future ;-). Only time will tell how they (and the newest Tesla Premium leather seats) hold up long term. And by that I mean 3, 4, 5+ years. We will see!

Completely agree. Look at the photo below, which I posted before, of a new X in the Tesla Scottsdale store. I know it's new because it had the matte seat backs, and you can see the leather is completely sagged. I have the Ultra White and mine is in perfect condition. I don't know if I'm an outlier, though.

IMG_1368.JPG

Completely agree. Look at the photo below, which I posted before, of a new X in the Tesla Scottsdale store. I know it's new because it had the matte seat backs, and you can see the leather is completely sagged. I have the Ultra White and mine is in perfect condition. I don't know if I'm an outlier, though.

View attachment 228035
This is the UW from the inventory. Some people may find it acceptable tho

Attachments

• IMG_3206.JPG
    IMG_3206.JPG
    182.4 KB · Views: 160
Red seats will be interesting

Yeah. My BMW actually has red seats...though they are kind of red-brown rather than traditional red. I enjoyed that color for a long time and got many compliments. Back when it was new, I ordered it sight unseen - no local dealers had that color in stock (too polarizing I suppose). The UW may also be polarizing but I love the look. And it's a solid change.

Attached is a photo of my red interior. Unless the light is just right (which this one is not, but it's the only one I have handy on my phone), it definitely looks better in person than photos.

P9250005.JPG

IMG_0096.jpg
Nice @jasmodex . Similar but I think yours are even a little redder than mine. I like the perforations too.

I think a red (Ultra Red??) option would be interesting. Or even a "saddle brown" option as an alternative to the current tan. But regardless of color, I do hope that Tesla expands the options of "vegan leather" beyond just the white. As beautiful as UW is, would like to see more color choices. Maybe with Model 3. We will see I guess.

Off topic as well, is anyone with UW perforated seats using anything for driver seats cushion and bolster protection? I love the seats, but I don't want them to look like picture above in 2 years. Can they be coated with something?

Off topic as well, is anyone with UW perforated seats using anything for driver seats cushion and bolster protection? I love the seats, but I don't want them to look like picture above in 2 years. Can they be coated with something?

What's the point of having the white seats when you're just going to cover them? The material is already coated with a stain resistant finish.

Reactions: McManX