Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UMC Cord Organizers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats on the new car. Good time to get stuff ready for it. We installed a 14-50 outlet and bought Tesla's cable organizer to use with the UMC. Simple design, looks good and reasonably priced. Figured our beautiful car deserved something stylish and minimal on the wall too.

Will add that as soon as the corded mobile connector comes back in stock we're ordering it so we don't have to keep pulling the adapter and connector out all the time from the bag in our car.

If you guys are talking about cable organization on the wall, there was a discussion in one of the charging threads that recommended this:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B004KTLP10/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Gecko's Toes Water Hose Rack
Put two of these together and wind your cord out of the way.
Its more likely to be useful w/ the High Power Wall Charger, but I thought I would mention it.
I have 2, and they hold the cord on the HPWC quite well. YMMV.
-TechVP

Congrats on the new car. Good time to get stuff ready for it. We installed a 14-50 outlet and bought Tesla's cable organizer to use with the UMC. Simple design, looks good and reasonably priced. Figured our beautiful car deserved something stylish and minimal on the wall too.

Will add that as soon as the corded mobile connector comes back in stock we're ordering it so we don't have to keep pulling the adapter and connector out all the time from the bag in our car.

Looks like the cable organizer is out of stock =( hopefully they'll bring it back soon!

If you guys are talking about cable organization on the wall, there was a discussion in one of the charging threads that recommended this:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B004KTLP10/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Gecko's Toes Water Hose Rack
Put two of these together and wind your cord out of the way.
Its more likely to be useful w/ the High Power Wall Charger, but I thought I would mention it.
I have 2, and they hold the cord on the HPWC quite well. YMMV.
-TechVP
Excellent recommendation, I use one of these for each HPWC's cable, works great to organize the 24' cable and the open hook at the top can use the part you use 'often' if you don't always need the whole length. Be sure to get the air hose size, as they have several 'gauges'. (See pix in my sig.)

I use this to hold the UMC and coiled wire. It's worked well for me for a long time

Everbilt Heavy-Duty Garage Screw Hooks Value Pack (8-Pack)-17954 - The Home Depot

I'm a little late to this thread but I thought I would share what I have done. My garage doors are close together and have only 9" between the two garage door rails. This made me uncomfortable hanging the UMC cable between them without being shielded somehow from accidentally being tangled up in the rollers. I came up with a box which corralled the UMC cable. The original intent was to have the UMC controller tucked into the box but it turned out that doing that put a strain on the plug so I put it outside and used velco to attach it. That didn't work for long because the UMC controller has silicone material on the back and sides and nothing sticks to silicone. I ended up 3D printing the UMC wall mount that RichardD suggested to give it support. The result is a fairly clean look and cost about $30 in materials to make using melamine shelving material and a utility hook.

UMC_box.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: DIL, GWord and Tam
did you not notice that the door to the socket is OPEN? the open door defeats any inherent water tightness.

Yes, of course I did. In a perfect world I would have the "Corded Mobile Connector" so that I could close the door. But, be design, there is a overhang from the top to the door, and the OPEN door still provides a shield,so unless water is defying gravity, no water can get to the socket.

Reactions: linkster
Yes, of course I did. In a perfect world I would have the "Corded Mobile Connector" so that I could close the door. But, be design, there is a overhang from the top to the door, and the OPEN door still provides a shield,so unless water is defying gravity, no water can get to the socket.
regardless of direct exposure to rain, there is a moisture issue that could impact the unit. maybe you could fashion some sort of cover to eliminate the exposure, but beware of causing any heat build up that such a cover could cause.