Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uncorking official for most 75Ds!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Highland Park seems to be less certain than the other service centers. I called them a bunch and they didn't answer on Saturday (to phone calls and email). After they failed to respond, I called Tyson's Corner and they confirmed my car was eligible (yay). The service center shouldn't go off the prior bulletin but rather the latest one from Friday (apparently in the WARP system).

After I called Highland Park again today, they finally answered and told me, initially, that I was ineligible (despite what Tyson's Corner said). After persisting, they acknowledged the WARP system said I could be uncorked but they still believed my car was too old for the uncorking and they would need to confirm it. Nevertheless I have an appointment Nov 2 and I will insist that they uncork it because it is eligible in their system (that information was known to them and they refused to uncork me a month ago). Hopefully it is smooth sailing.
What model s wand when was it built? Vin

Nope, that's not it. With the rare exception of the BTX8 battery (85 kWh software-limited to 75 kWh) all facelift RWD and AWD 60/70/75 have the same battery pack with part number 1088794-00-A, as does our RWD S 75 that was manufactured in July 2016.

I have an 01/17 built 60D vin 176xxx. The part number on the battery is 1101082-00-A so some are clearly different. There might be something to the part number theory after all. I have yet to check if mine is upgrade-able as they seem to put all 60Ds in the NO category by default unless they are upgraded first. That being said if anyone has the same battery part number and is eligible for uncorking i'd love to know. Thanks!

Add me to the list of S60D's upgraded to S75D that is eligible for the upgrade. My service center confirmed this morning and I'm scheduled to receive the update next Monday. Delivered back in Aug 2016 with AP1 and a VIN ending in 150xxx. This is another data point that seems to suggest it is not the battery but the fuse. This software update is likely to increase the amount of current delivered from the battery to the inverter and it makes sense the fuse would be the limiting factor. While I have read that others suggested the fuse was non-replaceable, it seems odd. I would say it makes sense Tesla would favor upgrading all cars with the higher current fuse first and then perhaps offering the fuse replacement for those willing to pay for the part and labor.

I have an 01/17 built 60D vin 176xxx. The part number on the battery is 1101082-00-A so some are clearly different. There might be something to the part number theory after all.
That's odd, the first time I see that part number being mentioned. Nevertheless, as seen, it pretty much has already been confirmed that it does not have anything to do with the battery pack itself, but the fuse and/or wiring harness. Still hoping for an official statement.

Add me to the list of S60D's upgraded to S75D that is eligible for the upgrade. My service center confirmed this morning and I'm scheduled to receive the update next Monday. Delivered back in Aug 2016 with AP1 and a VIN ending in 150xxx. This is another data point that seems to suggest it is not the battery but the fuse. This software update is likely to increase the amount of current delivered from the battery to the inverter and it makes sense the fuse would be the limiting factor. While I have read that others suggested the fuse was non-replaceable, it seems odd. I would say it makes sense Tesla would favor upgrading all cars with the higher current fuse first and then perhaps offering the fuse replacement for those willing to pay for the part and labor.

You may be right. But there may be a chance that the fuse can be replaced later on "at a cost of course". The following link shows a brake down of the battery pack and displays that the fuse can be replaced:

Pics/Info: Inside the battery pack

I have an 01/17 built 60D vin 176xxx. The part number on the battery is 1101082-00-A so some are clearly different. There might be something to the part number theory after all. I have yet to check if mine is upgrade-able as they seem to put all 60Ds in the NO category by default unless they are upgraded first. That being said if anyone has the same battery part number and is eligible for uncorking i'd love to know. Thanks!

I too have the same part number, 1101082-00-A, software locked 60D. Declined uncorking because it's still a 60D. 195XXX. April 2017 build.

What we need is for those went through the process of 60D to 75D to uncorking, please provide us your battery part number so we can deduce if this variation of the battery pack is uncorkable.

Similarly, those with 60D to 75D or original 75D and declined uncorking, what's your battery part number?

I too have the same part number, 1101082-00-A, software locked 60D. Declined uncorking because it's still a 60D. 195XXX. April 2017 build.

What we need is for those went through the process of 60D to 75D to uncorking, please provide us your battery part number so we can deduce if this variation of the battery pack is uncorkable.

Similarly, those with 60D to 75D or original 75D and declined uncorking, what's your battery part number?
Same part # for a S75 and is uncorkable .