Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unhappy with the Resale value for my 2019 Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So for kicks I modified my 22 M3 LR order to add my current 2019 SR+ as a trade. My 2019 is a garage queen, no damage other than a couple of tiny rock chips on the front, blue with white interior, and only has 11k on the odo. I received their offer (?) today.... $27.7k... needless to say they won't be taking it in as a trade.

This I guess just goes to show how crazy the used car market is right now cause no way would I spend $45K on a used Tesla when a new one is only $3K more. Heck going under the used section on Tesla's website no way would I pay what they are asking for their used inventory even if they included FSD because a new 3 with FSD is still about the same price. Granted I have the ability to wait for a new car than needing it within the next week or two and the only reason I am making the move over to the Model 3 is the crazy used car market and sold my 2017 Camaro SS for a dang good price to Carmax. Frankly I would consider Tesla's offer as good and take it or Carvana if they offer higher.
Did the same thing here. Would have never sold my 2018 Camaro SS had it not been for this crazy used car market. In 4 years of ownership, I only lost 3k from what I originally paid. Thats including tax, interest, and down payment. Hell of a deal IMO. Now just waiting on that VIN for my Performance....lol

So the used car market may not be as stupid as a month or 2 ago, but Carvana is offering basically what I paid for my Model 3 before taxes/fees. My 3's price was $41,690 ($40,490 + $1,200 destination).
3.png

So for kicks I modified my 22 M3 LR order to add my current 2019 SR+ as a trade. My 2019 is a garage queen, no damage other than a couple of tiny rock chips on the front, blue with white interior, and only has 11k on the odo. I received their offer (?) today.... $27.7k... needless to say they won't be taking it in as a trade.
Do you understand the trade allowance quoted is only good for 30 days? It could go up or down by the time you get your car.

Just got a 55.4k offer on my LR M3, time for a M3P upgrade
Really tempted to put in an order for a LR 3 (same build as my SR+ with aero wheels, white seats); that build is currently $51k. My SR+ build is now $45k new (I ordered @$40.5k in May). Carvana quote for my SR+ is $45.9k. Assuming the value of my SR+ 3 stays in the $45k range for the next few months, I could conceivably upgrade to a LR 3 for about $5k (and if a renewed tax credit is passed, may even end up getting money back). Almost seems like a no brainer to put in an order and see what happens.