Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unlimited supercharging for performance model 3's

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For completeness' sake, for the FAQ on that same page:
« I am a current owner of a Model 3 Performance. Will I be eligible for free, unlimited Supercharging?
Yes. Existing Model 3 Performance owners will receive free, unlimited Supercharging. Please allow three weeks for the change to be applied to your vehicle account. Existing Model 3 Performance owners will also be able to offer free, unlimited Supercharging with [sic] to new Model S, Model X and Model 3 Performance orders. »

It's really not the actual $ value, but the psychology of free.

One of the reasons I've been hesitant in going from the Model S to the Model 3 is the fact that my Model S has free unlimited supercharging.

From an accounting perspective it's completely laughable. But, from a more human element of getting in my car knowing it won't cost me a cent to go somewhere is massively appealing.

Won't cost you a cent ... after you've shelled out another $15-20k. Enjoy :eek:

Is referring a P3D counted toward the referral rewards too (charger, kids car etc.)?
Sure looks that way from the app...

Screenshot_20180731-224253.png

As awesome as it is to know I'm getting free supercharging for life after already ordering, it's kind of a bummer that we can't go back and add a referral code after ordering but before taking delivery. Would have been nice to get an HPWC for a friend or relative.

Too much to hope for a free Ludicrous upgrade for us line standers? :D

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
As awesome as it is to know I'm getting free supercharging for life after already ordering, it's kind of a bummer that we can't go back and add a referral code after ordering but before taking delivery. Would have been nice to get an HPWC for a friend or relative.

Too much to hope for a free Ludicrous upgrade for us line standers? :D

After 3 years the free data is worth more than the wall connector that no one HAS to have.

Any current owners (of S/X) care to comment what Free Unlimited supercharging is actually worth? Like, I'm in LA and it's cool to know that I could drive to NYC & back for free (literally), but a) that's gonna be a super rare occurrence, and b) since one doesn't supercharge on the regular, how often does this come into play? I don't yet have an EV (P3D on order) so asking as a noob.

Any current owners (of S/X) care to comment what Free Unlimited supercharging is actually worth? Like, I'm in LA and it's cool to know that I could drive to NYC & back for free (literally), but a) that's gonna be a super rare occurrence, and b) since one doesn't supercharge on the regular, how often does this come into play? I don't yet have an EV (P3D on order) so asking as a noob.
Obviously everyone has a different price on it. However, when Tesla used to put a price on it, it was $1,000.

I own an S and an X and for us, it's not worth much. Will depend heavily on how far away the nearest supercharger is for you. Only savings is on long trips, which now cost basically nothing.