TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Vendor Unplugged Performance Model X Bespoke Interior

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by UnpluggedP, Sep 12, 2016.

1. UnpluggedP

UnpluggedP Vendor

We recently took on the challenging task of upgrading the interior of a Model X. Our overseas customer came to us only wanting the best, so he purchased his X through our complete car program and let us tear apart his brand new P90D.

We started out by completely pulling apart the interior. Anyone who knows us knows we have an affinity for carbon fiber. We’ve been in the business of making our own dry carbon fiber components for years so we spared no expense removing all the plastic from the interior and converting them to carbon

We replaced everything from the seat backs to the floor and falcon wing door trim with dry carbon fiber

13903287_1161498367256367_1638547272288801067_n.jpg IMG_6280wm.jpg IMG_6286wm.jpg IMG_6521wm.jpg

2. techmaven

techmaven Active Member

Interesting... I'm curious, did you see any room to cut to make arm rests in the 3rd row seat? That was probably the most uncomfortable aspect of the 3rd row for an adult.

3. vandacca

vandacca Active Member

I realize this was done for aesthetic purposes, but I'm curious if you took weight measurements before and after? I would expect the weight savings to be almost negligible, but curious nonetheless.

• Like x 1
  4. UnpluggedP

UnpluggedP Vendor

PMs sent

IMG_6346wm.jpg IMG_6516wm.jpg

• Like x 1
  5. UnpluggedP

UnpluggedP Vendor

Unplugged Performance carbon details

IMG_6547wm.jpg

• Like x 1