Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

UnpluggedP

Global Vendor
Mar 27, 2014
Hawthorne, CA
We recently took on the challenging task of upgrading the interior of a Model X. Our overseas customer came to us only wanting the best, so he purchased his X through our complete car program and let us tear apart his brand new P90D.

We started out by completely pulling apart the interior. Anyone who knows us knows we have an affinity for carbon fiber. We’ve been in the business of making our own dry carbon fiber components for years so we spared no expense removing all the plastic from the interior and converting them to carbon

We replaced everything from the seat backs to the floor and falcon wing door trim with dry carbon fiber

13903287_1161498367256367_1638547272288801067_n.jpg
IMG_6280wm.jpg
IMG_6286wm.jpg
IMG_6521wm.jpg

Interesting... I'm curious, did you see any room to cut to make arm rests in the 3rd row seat? That was probably the most uncomfortable aspect of the 3rd row for an adult.

I realize this was done for aesthetic purposes, but I'm curious if you took weight measurements before and after? I would expect the weight savings to be almost negligible, but curious nonetheless.

PMs sent

IMG_6346wm.jpg
IMG_6516wm.jpg

Reactions: vandacca