Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unveiling on Oct 17th

What's your best bet on what Tesla will reveal on Oct 17th?

• Autopilot 2.0

Votes: 233 36.4%
  • Model 3 - Part 2 (better-looking face, Head up display driving w/o wheel etc)

Votes: 65 10.2%
  • Non-performance 100D (world's longest range EV)

Votes: 100 15.6%
  • 65 kwh/ 80 kwh battery for Model S/X (60/75 will be removed)

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • Model Y (small SUV)

Votes: 72 11.3%
  • Tesla Semi

Votes: 15 2.3%
  • Tesla Bus

Votes: 12 1.9%
  • Tesla Pick-up truck

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • Faster/better supercharger (200 kw charging, or charging snake)

Votes: 52 8.1%
  • Iron Man metal suit

Votes: 69 10.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You sure can't go by Elon's tweets. He's tweeted about SC/Panasonic, the P100D speeds, retweeted an autopilot success story, (from this forum), the Florida solar vote, and Hyperloop in the last day or so.
It may be an update on the Model 3 as far as production goes, but I don't think it will be any kind of reveal about the production car. I think that will be a huge event. Could be a new product that Tesla/SC/Panasonic plan on making if the SC merger goes through and this is a way to ensure that it does.

I was just thinking, they did add "My Document" onto the reservation page recently. Maybe this announcement is about the Model 3??????

I'm reasonably certain he knew we would be combing through everything he put out ever since he teased today's announcement.

And I'm even more certain that's why his subject matter has been all over the place.

Reactions: landis
Musk tweeted at 12:24 California time: "This is also what I was alluding to by Model 3 part 2"

Whoa! Today's announcement is the second part of the Model 3 reveal? Since it is not a live stage event, I would guess that Tesla is going to reveal much more detail about the Model 3. That is fantastic news, if my guess is correct. Or I could be wrong...

Pretty sure it's some sort of auto pilot/driving interface now then.
I agree. The big unknown at the Model 3 reveal five months ago was the "spaceship" driving interface that Elon tweeted about after the reveal and the fact that the steering wheel shown on the prototypes was not the "real steering wheel".

I think Elon is going to announce "Tesla Vision", the new name for Autopilot and a new interface between the driver and the car, and reveal some details about how it works and what it looks like.

If they are revealing more about the Model 3 (interior, hardware, controls, etc), I'm super stoked!! However, everything revealed has got to be incorporated into the S and X too. They need to continue strong sales in the next several quarters and certainly don't want to Osborne themselves.

I agree. The big unknown at the Model 3 reveal five months ago was the "spaceship" driving interface that Elon tweeted about after the reveal and the fact that the steering wheel shown on the prototypes was not the "real steering wheel".

I think Elon is going to announce "Tesla Vision", the new name for Autopilot and a new interface between the driver and the car, and reveal some details about how it works and what it looks like.

"And everything shown today is already being installed in Model S and Model X coming off the line today!"
At least, that's what I hope Elon says... :D

Model 3 Part 2 is supposed to explain why the dashboard and controls are so simplistic looking. The most logical reason is due to increased autonomy and thus less input being required from the driver. Sure, it could be a HUD or some other design decision like that, but given the direction we know Tesla is going in terms of autonomy and ride sharing, this announcement most likely relates to that. I still believe the foundation of the announcement will be the next iteration of Autopilot, which Model 3 will be built specifically for and Model S and X will pick up in the meantime.