Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor UP Ascension-R Carbon Wide front fender

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Race cars aren't supposed to be cool and smooth. They are purpose built with only function in mind.
Which is exactly why I mentioned widening the front track width and not the rear would make the car unbalanced... I'm not talking about looks.

I track my cars 15-20 times a year and adding carbon fenders to a 4000lb family sedan does not make it a "race car". Functional? Sure, but far from a race car despite what you may be wishing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zoomit
Which is exactly why I mentioned widening the front track width and not the rear would make the car unbalanced... I'm not talking about looks.
I track my cars 15-20 times a year and adding carbon fenders to a 4000lb family sedan does not make it a "race car". Functional? Sure, but far from a race car despite what you may be wishing.

This is UPs race car for pikes peak so they have gutted it completely, will add a real cage after this, lexan windows and I’m sure they’ll do other body panels as carbon. Ben’s personal GTR car from before was all carbon so making items isn’t anything new to him. Many people out there have dedicated race cars. Most of us use this car as a daily driver but I’m pretty sure some people can afford making their 3 or S into a track only car. What UP is doing is paving a new way to race electric cars. I’m also pretty sure companies like electrified garage will find ways to hack the power levels of the P so that’s on the software side. Would you do a stage 3 ludicrous power level for your P if available?
41B703D6-7B7F-486F-BC45-404847CDA377.jpeg

This is UPs race car for pikes peak so they have gutted it completely, will add a real cage after this, lexan windows and I’m sure they’ll do other body panels as carbon. Ben’s personal GTR car from before was all carbon so making items isn’t anything new to him. Many people out there have dedicated race cars. Most of us use this car as a daily driver but I’m pretty sure some people can afford making their 3 or S into a track only car. What UP is doing is paving a new way to race electric cars. I’m also pretty sure companies like electrified garage will find ways to hack the power levels of the P so that’s on the software side. Would you do a stage 3 ludicrous power level for your P if available?
View attachment 569054

I fully support any aftermarket company that is helping get more EV's onto the track and into enthusiasts hands to prove their capabilities. These carbon parts look great and I love seeing more aftermarket motorsport development on Model 3's.

I just find condescending remarks annoying and I have a problem with know-it-all responses from boy racers who like to think they daily drive race cars because it has some carbon pieces... I'm fully aware what "function over form" means, and making the front end wider than the rear makes zero sense from a functional standpoint, which is what my original comment was referring to.

I'm sure Unplugged has rear fenders on their roadmap to compliment these (or at least I hope they do), to keep the handling of the car balanced. I was simply pointing out the fact that as it currently stands, this is an incomplete modification if you want the car to actually be faster around a circuit.

I'd have to disagree with you with this one. A car that is running up pikes peak for the timed event, in any condition, is a race car.

I fully support any aftermarket company that is helping get more EV's onto the track and into enthusiasts hands to prove their capabilities. These carbon parts look great and I love seeing more aftermarket motorsport development on Model 3's.

I just find condescending remarks annoying and I have a problem with know-it-all responses from boy racers who like to think they daily drive race cars because it has some carbon pieces... I'm fully aware what "function over form" means, and making the front end wider than the rear makes zero sense from a functional standpoint, which is what my original comment was referring to.

I'm sure Unplugged has rear fenders on their roadmap to compliment these (or at least I hope they do), to keep the handling of the car balanced. I was simply pointing out the fact that as it currently stands, this is an incomplete modification if you want the car to actually be faster around a circuit.
Are you aware that front fenders are limiting tire width and not rear? Which balance are you talking about? If with that mod you can put 330 tires around - what makes it incomplete? Its not an aggressive widebody kit to increase track width.

Are you aware that front fenders are limiting tire width and not rear? Which balance are you talking about? If with that mod you can put 330 tires around - what makes it incomplete? Its not an aggressive widebody kit to increase track width.
The front tire width is limited by the knuckle arm. My 275/35/19 tires are 4mm from it. You can't physically put wider tires on the front unless you increase the track width. Unless UP's car also has a custom knuckle arm I'm unaware of, then they are increasing the front track width and not the rear, which anyone with any motorsport experience knows is not desirable.

The Model 3 has an equal track width of 62.2" front and rear from the factory by design. I was simply asking if this was also planned for the rear, before this turned into "it's a race car bro, because carbon" discussion, which is a waste of everyone's time.

If I drove a Geo Metro up Pikes Peak during a timed event does that make all Geo Metro's race cars? No. But that's semantics at this point. You're free to tell everyone you drive a race car because someone used theirs in a race event once o_O

Back on topic: That last photo looks much better than the previous angle. Depending on the price, a full wide fender kit would be a welcome addition to these cars for track use.

The front tire width is limited by the knuckle arm. My 275/35/19 tires are 4mm from it. You can't physically put wider tires on the front unless you increase the track width. Unless UP's car also has a custom knuckle arm I'm unaware of, then they are increasing the front track width and not the rear, which anyone with any motorsport experience knows is not desirable.

The Model 3 has an equal track width of 62.2" front and rear from the factory by design. I was simply asking if this was also planned for the rear, before this turned into "it's a race car bro, because carbon" discussion, which is a waste of everyone's time.

If I drove a Geo Metro up Pikes Peak during a timed event does that make all Geo Metro's race cars? No. But that's semantics at this point. You're free to tell everyone you drive a race car because someone used theirs in a race event once o_O

Back on topic: That last photo looks much better than the previous angle. Depending on the price, a full wide fender kit would be a welcome addition to these cars for track use.

Thanks everyone at TMC for the interest. We are super tired from the past few days organizing and building the car for Tesla Corsa but we will be releasing information soon after gathering information from the shakedown on the track. Here is a rolling shot we have on our Facebook page which give you a better perspective of the fenders and you can find our newest tech there when it’s released. The car will be down the next month as it will be transformed for Pikes Peak. There will be other items released as well.

Driving back from TeslaCorsa 9 in the... - Unplugged Performance | Facebook

It has custom parts . The car was running 315 square setup at the event.