Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UP MODEL 3 PIKES PEAK RACE CAR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Should be interesting.... Time Attacks are only the beginning.
We have been working hard to get this project done in time and our team is working fast on it! Stay tuned for more options from UP for the model 3.

87B591BF-F293-427B-938F-63B97C105A7A.jpeg

I'm talking about the the overblown style of the video. If you're impressed by that stuff, be my guest. Smokey burnouts and hanging your tail out has nothing to do with going around a racetrack in the fastest possible fashion, mostly about showing off to the non cognoscenti. We've absorbed some kind of meme that drifting is actually faster driving. It's not. It's slower.
Whole point is to get more people interested in EVs. If dorifto does that, I don’t see an issue.

“...accelerate the world towards sustainable transportation...” - isn’t that part of Tesla’s mission?

Reactions: New_Old_Stock
Whole point is to get more people interested in EVs. If dorifto does that, I don’t see an issue.

“...accelerate the world towards sustainable transportation...” - isn’t that part of Tesla’s mission?
I suppose. I'm somebody who at least most of the time tries to make a clear distinction between hype and substance. Hype is cheap just like talk. Substance not so much.

I suppose. I'm somebody who at least most of the time tries to make a clear distinction between hype and substance. Hype is cheap just like talk. Substance not so much.
Agreed. While this is a fun prototype, it isn't for any reason other than attention. They should focus on building the real car. Maybe build a Pikes Peak racer or get into Formula E.

This is going to get interesting between Ford and UP........ Tesla should just make UP their Performance Division...

So here’s a new video of Ken driving the car. You can tell it’s completely foreign to him. Also the car only has a 57kwh battery but they did say something about pikes peak. Not sure if they’ll make it if it burns through all the juice with all that power. They’ll probably need to throttle it.

Proud of our team. We built a race car starting with a brand new Model 3 Performance in under a week. Lots of late nights! The car is getting its first ever charge right now at 2AM in Buttonwillow ahead of a sold out TeslaCorsa 9 tomorrow. We’ve brought out a few special cars. Some fun surprises & will be a great day for all attendees! As for the race car, this will be a first shake down run and then we have less than a month to prepare for Pikes Peak with Randy Pobst behind the wheel.
5A18DA76-1818-46AF-BA79-DA7E7ADF0470.jpeg

We built a race car starting with a brand new Model 3 Performance in under a week. Lots of late nights! The car is getting its first ever charge right now at 2AM in Buttonwillow ahead of a sold out TeslaCorsa 9 tomorrow. We’ve brought out a few special cars. Some fun surprises & will be a great day for all attendees! As for the race car, this will be a first shake down run and then we have less than a month to prepare for Pikes Peak with Randy Pobst behind the wheel.

Is that a new/prototype front spoiler I see? :D Looks very functional!

We wanted to share with TMC some pics from yesterday’s Tesla Corsa 9. We only have about a month left and the car will start undergoing further surgery and weight reduction measures for Pikes Peak. Yesterday’s run gave us a good baseline on where the car stands and at 50% SOC we were able to set a track record for street tires and slicks. Unfortunately the chargers were full but we believe at a full battery we can get down to 1:51. We gathered enough data to continue on with the car to what we believe will be the worlds fastest time attack Tesla. Stay tuned for updates and pictures of our race car progress.

FD54A741-B0FE-4FF8-B0C6-6F1C652F841F.jpeg
EB800879-C9BE-4790-AE36-E37F96D3CF4A.jpeg
9B74CD91-2FC3-47FD-91A8-37FA011D2771.jpeg