Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update from Elon (10/3/12), Clearing up things

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
An Update from Elon Musk | Blog | Tesla Motors

highlights:

- We expect Tesla to become cash flow positive at the end of next month.
- I am pleased to report that we completed production of 359 vehicles last quarter (delivering over 250 of those to customers) and have already made our 500th vehicle body
- We did not need the money, this was about thinking long term
- Tesla has never asked for or even hinted at postponing repayment of the loan.
- Repaying DOE loan early

So much for people who said Tesla is running out of money. Go Tesla !

Not specifically said but can be inferred from the cash flow positive statement is that Elon expects Tesla to be running at full porduction by the end of next month. I'll bet they have a go at full production within five weeks. That will give them a couple extra weeks to fine tune the process.

Go Tesla!

Not specifically said but can be inferred from the cash flow positive statement is that Elon expects Tesla to be running at full porduction by the end of next month. I'll bet they have a go at full production within five weeks. That will give them a couple extra weeks to fine tune the process.

Go Tesla!
Given he's said Tesla can break even at 8000 a year, I'm figuring cash flow positive run rate is well below full (20k/year) run rate.

Biz Break: Is Tesla really a loser?

Forbes columnist Todd Woody also jumped to Tesla's defense, noting Tesla appears to be on the right track and has created hundreds of American jobs. "In fact, Tesla and Musk, a self-made billionaire whose Space X startup is privatizing space travel, would seem to be poster children for the type of entrepreneurialism Romney says he seeks to unleash," Woody wrote.