Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Update: It happened] Track Mode not happening for P3d-

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My followup to the response, let's see if we can get a second data point.

Hello,

Thank you for the response but I did not feel my concern was sufficiently addressed.

I was specifically referring to IF the Model 3 Performance WITHOUT the Performance Upgrade Package would be receiving the track mode feature in the future.

Friends who had also inquired on the same subject was told that track mode for these Performance Upgrade Vehicles would come in version 2019.4.

Is this something you can confirm?

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Regards,

Update response to my response:

Thank you for your quick reply. Yes in the future Performance Model 3 cars will get the Track Mode feature with the 2019.4 software update. That is correct.

--

So that's good news but I find it stunning how casual the replies have been. No signature, nothing that really shows its from "Tesla". I've examined the email headers to verify authenticity and signature. Still hilarious nonetheless.

Last edited:
My followup to the response, let's see if we can get a second data point.

Hello,

Thank you for the response but I did not feel my concern was sufficiently addressed.

I was specifically referring to IF the Model 3 Performance WITHOUT the Performance Upgrade Package would be receiving the track mode feature in the future.

Friends who had also inquired on the same subject was told that track mode for these Performance Upgrade Vehicles would come in version 2019.4.

Is this something you can confirm?

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Regards,
Here's to hoping you get a better response

Did it have EAP? If not, then $47,000 does not sound unreasonable and hear me out here as I do the math.

P3D- was $64,000 base last year.
Add paint for $1,500.
Subtract the $5000 rebate.
Subtract $7,500 tax credit.

The new base value of the car is $53,000 after factoring in credits and discounts.
Now we need to factor in diminished value for being in an accident (5-10%) and 1st year depreciation (10-20%). That's a range of $37,000 to $45,000. If you had bought EAP, then the number becomes $42,000 to 50,000 which is pretty much right smack in the middle of the carmax offer.
It has FSD, white interior, red paint, tinited windows, 5800 miles. I paid $76k, tax credit drops that to $69k, refund drops that to $64k. Thats a $20k loss in 5 mths. Terrible.

What's the current firmware version? I'm still on 2018.50.6.

According to TeslaFi, one car got 2019.4 two days ago. 2018.50.6 is still the most widely adopted recent version.

To the other question about numbering, I believe the second number is the week of the year that the build was created (third number is the "hotfix" release that is applied to that build), so .4 would be the 4th week in January, and likely to be released several weeks after that.

It has FSD, white interior, red paint, tinited windows, 5800 miles. I paid $76k, tax credit drops that to $69k, refund drops that to $64k. Thats a $20k loss in 5 mths. Terrible.

Damn. I would have gladly bought your car if I didn’t have mine. Would have offered you at least 50,000 topping your carmax offer by 10%. FMV for your nearly full boat P would not have made up to 55K not unreasonable especially if the 5K FUSC credit was up for grabs as well (you’d claim that as I couldn’t)

I might have considered it anyway if it didn’t blow the cover I gave my wife (35k Model 3). Why is your near identical car with diminished value going for 50K when mine was 35K brand new.. oops

The Performance configuration of a Model 3 has exactly the same VIN decoding as an AWD configuration. I went through this with CarMax, who had no way to identify the car as a Performance until they looked at the Maroney sticker and the console showing Track Mode available.

Sorry to say for all the non PUP buyers of the Performance, but it's highly unlikely you're getting Track Mode.

View attachment 376532
Won’t make it to the windmill. Horse doesn’t have the PUP nails, gonna toss a shoe.

Interesting that Travelers Insurance was somehow able to determine I have P, and all they have to work with is VIN.

If reports of TM in 2019.4 true, I pray that all of y’all are smart enough to use it safely or mod your car sufficiently. Wish Tesla would geo fence it to known tracks. Would be easy to do.

Last edited:

Seems to be reasonable, especially for a car that has had an accident. You're blaming the car here BUT you need to realize that accidents vastly diminish the value of a newish car. I hope you pursued diminished value.

Reactions: MXWing
@caskater47 and my response, both from Lisa C. looks more formal. I'm going with ours. ;)
Well, it was more specific as it detailed the exact version it will be released in, so she must have actually did her job and check with someone that knows what's going on. The other response seems like it came from someone that doesn't know whats going or has old info from 6 months ago and never bothered to check the latest. I got similar clueless responses like that with the 5K refund. People where already getting refunds and customer service was telling me to enjoy FUSC and no refund for you.

Won’t make it to the windmill. Horse doesn’t have the PUP nails, gonna toss a shoe.

Interesting that Travelers Insurance was somehow able to determine I have P, and all they have to work with is VIN.

If reports of TM in 2019.4 true, I pray that all of y’all are smart enough to use it safely or mod your car sufficiently. Wish Tesla would geo fence it to known tracks. Would be easy to do.

We've had the geofence argument dozens of times, mostly around FSD or Supercharging too close to home. If they aren't going to geofence for any of that, they aren't going to do it for Track Mode.

I mean.......there's at least 10 pages here telling me how hard it would be to code TM for a P3D-....can you IMAGINE the work needed to geofence it, too? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Funny
Reactions: Perry and Msjulie