Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Update: It happened] Track Mode not happening for P3d-

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes I agree, if you are taking about calibrating the software on a robot who's job is creating 2nm soldering connections on a micro processor.

But like I said before, Track Mode has to be way more resilient than that to work because the road conditions together with the equipment ware are far larger factors on braking performance than the small differences between P+ and P-. I think they have to account for much larger fluctuations in behavior anyway.

I mean just focusing on the response of the OEM tire it would be a function of at least wear levels, temperatures, air pressure, and tarmac. What if someone changes the tire? Then with the brakes you have wear, temperature, ect. IMO it's all about having the right sensors.

If you look at the basic control theory for maglev trains, you have a feedback control system that controls for things like weight. I wouldn't expect the maglev trains to only be able to operate if they have the exact amount of weight it was designed for. Instead, feedback response systems account for and dampen out the effects of various weights of people getting on and off.

Reactions: Perry
I like that the TM display mentions PUP by name. As time goes on nobody will recall the PUP saga and when selling the car it is likely that the topic will come up. Having something visual that confirms a P3D- is actually a good thing IMO.

You mean the performance upgrade package? The visual is the larger rotors, larger brake calipers and pads, better tires, spoiler, and petals. Could someone who bought a P3D- get the same exact things aftermarket? Yes but probably they'll probably be paying about the same price to upgrade everything (mainly rotors, brake system, and tires.

Reactions: Jeffers0n
You mean the performance upgrade package? The visual is the larger rotors, larger brake calipers and pads, better tires, spoiler, and petals. Could someone who bought a P3D- get the same exact things aftermarket? Yes but probably they'll probably be paying about the same price to upgrade everything (mainly rotors, brake system, and tires.
So far I've replaced the wheels, tires, rotors, brake lines and pads. I plan to also get the MPP sport coilovers. I may even toss in the new super light battery MPP. Is offering. Anything to make the car quicker and more agile. I also bought aluminum pedals for $30 on Amazon and some custom caliper paint for $100. I've spent no more than the 5k refund plus the CA rebate.

So i'm still ahead and have noticeably better parts than PUP comes with. Had I known ahead of time what would happen I still would have bought PUP in the first place but Tesla lost on extra $5k from me because they poorly.described the benefits of PUP when I ordered and none of their sales people could answer my questions. So I gambled. I'm very glad that gamble is now paying off but it wasn't worth the headache. I've even told Tesla that multiple times.

For now I'll enjoy my "Stealth" with lighter, better wheels, same grippy tires, rotor, brake pads and lines with better thermal capacity. Do I get the spoiler? No, but that was never worth the premium in the first place.

Well yes by "PUP" I mean the performance upgrade package, but my point was not that telling the difference between the plus and minus variants was difficult. Instead what I meant is that, in a few years when nobody remembers that there ever was a minus, having even a splash screen that references it will be useful. The other option would be for a buyer to read these excruciatingly long threads to try and piece together what happened. It's not a big deal but I do appreciate it.

So I gambled. I'm very glad that gamble is now paying off but it wasn't worth the headache. I've even told Tesla that multiple times.

Only when you win, you admit it was a gamble.
Before that, it was a constitutional right.

;)

Though I am with you and it boggles my mind how haphazard they are at their decisions.
I would buy tickets to their meetings where they make decisions.

Tesla absolutely couldn’t communicate their way out of a wet paper bag with a ginzu knife.

They get away with what they do because their hotness exceeds their craziness.

I haven't received the update yet, but to be fair, I was in Europe all last week, so Dolores was sleeping.

I will be getting it just in time to order some summer wheels and tires.......

and MELT the Primacy A-S's off just before I do the swap, incentivizing me to get actual snow tires next season. :D:D:D:D:D

Little off topic but I also travel a lot for work. What do you set charging to while you're gone for weeks at a time?

Sorry new owner here still trying to figure out best practices

I left it plugged in at home, so charging wasn't a problem. I had been driving around the day before, so I set it to 50%. I was pretty cold last week, highs only in the 20s.

When I got home last night and connected, I was at 145 miles, so not much loss at all.