Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update on AP Camera Update for Older S/X Vehicles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Slowed down? You mean faster than the 5 people who got the email? I guess yes, it has slowed to zero.

Typical Elon BS.
Starting to think I need to opt out again. I can see this dragging out a few years unless you hit the invite lottery. Clearly Elon bullcrap. Create a fix, shut people up for a time period and just trickle out a few. Why would they want to use cameras that they can make new cars with. We will only get the scraps unless they put in a huge extra order. With the supply issues that could take quite awhile.

In my continuing saga of camera replacement, I finality convinced my SC that they installed the wrong Triple camera on Nov 12th. They scheduled me for another install yesterday Nov 19th. Remember, I need to drive 5+ hours round-trip to get to this SC.

I had to wait literally 7 hours before they finished with my MX. It's a good thing that I drove there the night before and stayed at a nearby motel.

The invoice from Nov 19 stated one of the B Pillar cameras was also replaced, which my tech guy confirmed was needed. However when I returned home and compared Nov 12 & Nov 19 invoices, the B Pillar Part #s were identical. Go figure!!.

Now after jumping through all these hoops since September 24 Safety Score ordeals, when will my 99 score and all these new cameras get me the FSD BETA software that has been the objective all along.?????.

So I got my CORRECTED camera upgrades on Nov 19th, and have a 99 SS, with 1000+ miles this Period.

WHERE IS MY FSD 10.5 BETA????
Many questions come to mind:

1)How does Mother Ship know that my MX NOW has hardware that is needed

2) Why didn't they PUSH 10.4 between Nov 19 and today, if 10.5 is not ready for wider release

3) Shouldn't I get priority with 99, over the 98s who Elon has promised this release

4) If none of us HW2 camera upgrades with qualifying Safety Scores have not yet got ANY FSD BETA Software release, are we stuck in some kind of TESLA Purgatory?

I'm too old for this stress 😊

So I got my CORRECTED camera upgrades on Nov 19th, and have a 99 SS, with 1000+ miles this Period.

WHERE IS MY FSD 10.5 BETA????
Many questions come to mind:

1)How does Mother Ship know that my MX NOW has hardware that is needed

2) Why didn't they PUSH 10.4 between Nov 19 and today, if 10.5 is not ready for wider release

3) Shouldn't I get priority with 99, over the 98s who Elon has promised this release

4) If none of us HW2 camera upgrades with qualifying Safety Scores have not yet got ANY FSD BETA Software release, are we stuck in some kind of TESLA Purgatory?

I'm too old for this stress 😊
Did the Service Center say whether they changed anything with your car's configuration on the gateway?

Just had my cameras upgraded by Tesla yesterday, all except rear facing cameras were replaced.
Sidenote: My safety score after getting the car back from Tesla was 86 for the day, I've never gotten lower than a 93. On 11/20 when I drove 229 to the LA auto show, in HEAVY LA traffic my score was 96. So now to work on my score again I guess😢

Just had my cameras upgraded by Tesla yesterday, all except rear facing cameras were replaced.
Sidenote: My safety score after getting the car back from Tesla was 86 for the day, I've never gotten lower than a 93. On 11/20 when I drove 229 to the LA auto show, in HEAVY LA traffic my score was 96. So now to work on my score again I guess😢
What did they do to get such a low score? I'd be curious to see the screenshots of their trip(s) driving your car with such a low score.

I haven't kept up on such things recently, but at one time it was possible to reset your Safety Score and start over. Does this no longer work?

Oh wow there is so much data here, I didn't realize not only does it give you a daily read out, it gives you a trip per day read out. My apologizes for the misinformation above.
So I did trigger some of this myself, and then Tesla did as well.

Their bad ones were:
Hard breaking 4.1%
Aggressive turning 17.1%

Mine were:
Hard Braking 2.7%
Aggressive turning 7.3%
Unsafe Following 42%.

My unsafe following for the LA trip was 40%. No idea how I did better in LA than I did in San Diego, and I had multiple people cut me off in LA, I guess because the trip to LA was a much greater distance.

Oh wow there is so much data here, I didn't realize not only does it give you a daily read out, it gives you a trip per day read out. My apologizes for the misinformation above.
So I did trigger some of this myself, and then Tesla did as well.

Their bad ones were:
Hard breaking 4.1%
Aggressive turning 17.1%

Mine were:
Hard Braking 2.7%
Aggressive turning 7.3%
Unsafe Following 42%.

My unsafe following for the LA trip was 40%. No idea how I did better in LA than I did in San Diego, and I had multiple people cut me off in LA, I guess because the trip to LA was a much greater distance.
Unsafe following is only when not on AP & greater than 50 MPH. You can read all about how each metric is calculated: Safety Score Beta

Reactions: Eryx
I've had 99 since my Camera Upgrade Nov 19th. To my knowledge, none of us Early Adopters with Camera Upgrades have received any version of FSD BETA.