Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Updated 100D Performance tests and Chill Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That assumes this uncorking is somehow continuous improvements.

IMO they are merely removing old software limitations on the battery/motor output that were in place to artificially separate the 75, 100 and P100 models.

In that sense, there probably isn't anything left to squeeze out of P100D - unless they want to risk warranty isseus (Tesla tuned down all Performance Ludicrous models a year ago or so, only P90DL apparenly has gotten their performance back after the court case)... Ludicrous+ is probably the best we'll get...

Maybe I'm wrong, but to me this uncorking business is just about removal of marketing/sales related software limitations, nothing more. P100D obviosly does not have any marketing/sales related limitations because it was always meant to be the very best it can be...
Sorry to disappoint you, but the acceleration performance is not just a matter of SW. There are issues with internal resistance of the battery that changes with capacity. Only Tesla can tell you the exact difference, but try this with a pen-lite battery (AA size) place a 20A current meter across the terminals and measure the current. Then place 2 batteries in parallel and make the same measurement. You will see approximately a doubling in current. This is what gives a Tesla with a bigger battery the performance hit.

I am curious which is faster when the P100D is NOT in ludicrous mode? Anyone ever test the Model S Performance or P100D in regular drive mode? 100D (Long Range) vs P100D (Performance) in standard modes.

I believe they had the P100D not in Ludicrous mode for this race. Should be exactly what you're looking for.