Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Updated 100D Performance tests and Chill Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess what they are doing is some BETA test. They've uncorked 100D's, but aren't promising anything. Probably they are collecting data. If all goes well, they will uncork all and also state it on the website. If they find problems, they will put the cork on again (or at least with the new deliveries) and pretend it never happened.

Reactions: bhzmark
I am sure that Tesla engineers are already working on programs to enhance the P100D's as well.

Continous improvement is their policy.

The competitors have no idea what they are up against when they announce their latest "Tesla Killer" By the time they get it into production, Telsa has moved even further ahead : >)

What's the incentive for getting a P100D over 100D now that the price difference is about $25 000 and when all you get is less than just one second faster acceleration? Any predictions, @Troy? P100D 0-60 times should improve to 2.05, respectively?

In addition to other posters' points, the issue for 100D w/o boost is same price gap over 75D for a .1 sec difference. Yes there is range difference, but still an issue. That caused me to sit on the fence vs upgrade my 85D. Now that there is range + speed + AP improvement (finally), there is sufficient value to move forward..

2017.44 is possibly not the un-corking event for the S100D IMHO.

That should come in the new year with a price increase for the 75D and the 100D in the DS and as Model 3 fills out the production line to take its place in the cash flow equation.

No Tesla does not state the 0-60 incl rollout for the non-performance models. Only for P, the official 0-60 includes reduction for rollout.
0-60 for 90 D and 100D has always been 4.2 but was lowered to 4.1 at the time of upgraded performance for 75D.
So this means that 100D now makes 0-60 in 3.9.

Reactions: AnxietyRanger
I am sure that Tesla engineers are already working on programs to enhance the P100D's as well.

Continous improvement is their policy.

That assumes this uncorking is somehow continuous improvements.

IMO they are merely removing old software limitations on the battery/motor output that were in place to artificially separate the 75, 100 and P100 models.

In that sense, there probably isn't anything left to squeeze out of P100D - unless they want to risk warranty isseus (Tesla tuned down all Performance Ludicrous models a year ago or so, only P90DL apparenly has gotten their performance back after the court case)... Ludicrous+ is probably the best we'll get...

Maybe I'm wrong, but to me this uncorking business is just about removal of marketing/sales related software limitations, nothing more. P100D obviosly does not have any marketing/sales related limitations because it was always meant to be the very best it can be...