Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Updates on black MY?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yes still seeing them being produced .. but all going into loading zone parking lot.. not sure if any local deliveries are being made :( ... generally they are driven to delivery centre after producing across freeway (had seen last month being driven Red/MSM while biking in the evening)... I don't have trade-in .. just financing ..

I have a favor to ask....huge favor....my business partner ordered a MSM Performance a few weeks ago. I told him about you and he wanted me to ask you, "Do you see any MSM Performance rolling off the line right now?"

yes still seeing them being produced .. but all going into loading zone parking lot.. not sure if any local deliveries are being made :( ... generally they are driven to delivery centre after producing across freeway (had seen last month being driven Red/MSM while biking in the evening)... I don't have trade-in .. just financing ..

Send one my way!! Still waiting for a VIN here in NC.

Actually let me correct that - there are a couple of Performance Black in the spreadsheet with a VIN. Interestingly, they seem to have gotten assigned in "second wave" after SoCal and other states... So hopefully the same will happen for the LR AWD, where we start seeing local VIN assigned this week... Not sure why yours would have gotten assigned before everyone else, though. Maybe they know you're onto them! ;)

Actually let me correct that - there are a couple of Performance Black in the spreadsheet with a VIN. Interestingly, they seem to have gotten assigned in "second wave" after SoCal and other states... So hopefully the same will happen for the LR AWD, where we start seeing local VIN assigned this week... Not sure why yours would have gotten assigned before everyone else, though. Maybe they know you're onto them! ;)

I was just curious.. because i got the text that your model Y will be built in next 10 days .. its already 7 days(5 business days) so was wondering :)

Reactions: vertigo235
I got a text today allowing me to schedule a delivery. It wouldn't let me select a date further out than a week, and as early as Friday.

San Francisco, CA
Black/Black PUP FSD
Ordered May 2019

I put in my financing (got it through them, us bank) back in March when they said the car would be ready, and I'm pretty sure it's no longer valid, but it won't let me re-do it. So I'm not sure what's up. I will probably have them pull another credit to get it again, and then I think I would be able to take that to something like Lightstream to get it matched or get something better. I hope I can do that by delivery.

I got a decent quote for Tesla Insurance through the Tesla Insurance site, but I'll call my current State Farm insurance to see what they can give me, now that I have the VIN. I use state farm for my other car and homeowner's, so maybe I'll get a better insurance deal.

How soon after scheduling delivery and getting a VIN will I be able to do the financing again? Hopefully in the next day so I can shop around.

I got a text today allowing me to schedule a delivery. It wouldn't let me select a date further out than a week, and as early as Friday.

San Francisco, CA
Black/Black PUP FSD
Ordered May 2019

I put in my financing (got it through them, us bank) back in March when they said the car would be ready, and I'm pretty sure it's no longer valid, but it won't let me re-do it. So I'm not sure what's up. I will probably have them pull another credit to get it again, and then I think I would be able to take that to something like Lightstream to get it matched or get something better. I hope I can do that by delivery.

I got a decent quote for Tesla Insurance through the Tesla Insurance site, but I'll call my current State Farm insurance to see what they can give me, now that I have the VIN. I use state farm for my other car and homeowner's, so maybe I'll get a better insurance deal.

How soon after scheduling delivery and getting a VIN will I be able to do the financing again? Hopefully in the next day so I can shop around.

Try Tech CU as well. got 1.99 APR for 48 months with opening a direct deposit checking account ...

I got notified this morning by text that my car is on its way to the delivery center in Marina Del Rey, CA. I called the center and selected a delivery time of 10:00 am next Monday, June 15. Scheduling the delivery date/time can also be done online but I wanted to ask a few questions. Delivery will be touchless. Very anxious to see what shape this car will be in. For me, the time from first finding my VIN in source code to delivery will be 14 days. Model Y specs in my signature.

Something I learned is that if you’re taking out a loan to purchase the car, you won’t see the MVPA appear in your account (I think until you finalize the loan arrangements) but if purchasing by cash, you will.

Reactions: Raiders
Following up on my post above, another thing I found after I was notified of my delivery is the value of a variable called "vinIsRevealed" in the page source code went from false to true. Makes sense because I now see my VIN on my account page without having to search in the page source. A weird-sounding variable I found in the page source is "isMasquerading" which is false. I wonder what that variable indicates.

Hey Guys,

First time posting, but I’ve been following this thread closely as I too am waiting for my Black on black MY with induction wheels.

Out of all the YouTube videos out there, I’ve only seen one be with a black Model Y. Looks like they left all the black Model Y’s for a manufacturing run together. Hopefully they’re cranking them out as we speak.

The video I’m referencing is below.

Hey Guys,

First time posting, but I’ve been following this thread closely as I too am waiting for my Black on black MY with induction wheels.

Out of all the YouTube videos out there, I’ve only seen one be with a black Model Y. Looks like they left all the black Model Y’s for a manufacturing run together. Hopefully they’re cranking them out as we speak.

The video I’m referencing is below.

It looks great. Worth the wait.

Guys!!! Did I just spot a Black MY in the wild?!? That would be pretty funny, because, literally 5 minutes before, I had stopped by the Tesla showroom to get an update on my order...
PS apologies if it is not a MY, I am very bad w cars in general...

IMG_3354.jpg

Took delivery of my Black on Black Performance Model Y this morning. Just a couple of issues....spoiler has a small gap on the driver side and rear hatch doesn’t always want to go all the way up when I hit the button. I have a mobile service appointment setup for Tuesday at my company. Everything else works and looks great. No crazy panel gaps, moldings all look good, no paint issues and mechanically perfect. I already installed a matte carbon cap kit from RPM Tesla. Sorry for the crappy pics but I’ll post some better ones tomorrow.

Attachments

• B39B8355-EC42-4648-8B97-0C7BAC6C4EFA.jpeg
    B39B8355-EC42-4648-8B97-0C7BAC6C4EFA.jpeg
    731.7 KB · Views: 66
  • D5169008-757F-4E26-A94E-7D0C64ED7429.jpeg
    D5169008-757F-4E26-A94E-7D0C64ED7429.jpeg
    740.8 KB · Views: 67
  • E457508B-EAA7-4368-9449-E9E25A72AAED.jpeg
    E457508B-EAA7-4368-9449-E9E25A72AAED.jpeg
    426.3 KB · Views: 71
  • AA80A11E-E112-44DA-8675-E0D7879774DD.jpeg
    AA80A11E-E112-44DA-8675-E0D7879774DD.jpeg