Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgrade AP v2.0 to v2+(aka v2.5?) possible?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

thegruf

Mar 24, 2015
indeterminate
starting to feel a bit left out with my APv2.0 that I hung on so long for, only to see Tesla pretty quickly update it to v2+/v2.5 which was said at the time to be to improve redundancy not to contain enhanced performance

APv2+ only features already slated to include

dashcam feature
advanced summon

and I'm wondering how many other features AP2.0 owners are going to miss out on, or indeed how much AP itself is compromised between 2.0 and 2+

What chance Tesla could offer an economic update to v2.0 owners?

The “+” at the end of V2 means V2 + all versions > V2. So this does include V2.0.

As far as upgrading hardware, as of right now, the only thing Tesla has said is that those with FSD will get version 3.0 when it is released (for free).

Tesla has said that non FSD cars will not benefit from 3.0, although I find that comment suspicious unless they specifically handicap non-FSD features. I’m sure that EAP would improve if you threw more computing resources at it.

Let's just call it Tesla CrashCam and petition Elon to make it automatically save the clip when airbags deploy, AEB happens or AP shits the bed with phantom braking or a sudden lunge into oncoming traffic.

That will make for a riveting and educational channel on Youtube!