Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USA MY RWD has soft limited LR battery!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
back up to $40 and MY bottom trim at $42K until Jupiter shows up allowing the Y to goto $45K after
where the M2 with 4680s will be the only Tesla, on the low end, to get tax credit, $25 less $7500 plus your state, or max potential $25K less $15K or $10K OTD

Sounds nice, although I wouldn't be too optimistic those prices materialize in the short term. Maybe in 4 years or so.

M2 won't ramp that fast and as long as they can sell them for more than $25k they will. If 3/Y start at $40/42k I bet they'd be able to sell the M2 for quite a bit more than 25k.

This is reminding me of the early days of Model 3 when everyone was super excited to get a 35k Model 3 with $7500 federal tax credit (that was never possible, the 35k Model 3 was sold only when Tesla did not get the full credit).

Sounds nice, although I wouldn't be too optimistic those prices materialize in the short term. Maybe in 4 years or so.

M2 won't ramp that fast and as long as they can sell them for more than $25k they will. If 3/Y start at $40/42k I bet they'd be able to sell the M2 for quite a bit more than 25k.

This is reminding me of the early days of Model 3 when everyone was super excited to get a 35k Model 3 with $7500 federal tax credit (that was never possible, the 35k Model 3 was sold only when Tesla did not get the full credit).
at least the $35K M3 with $7500 off showed up this year, hoping to buy one tomorrow

So lets say we are at 80% most of the time and 40% efficiency is lost due to cold weather. 5 years down the line there will be degradation due to age on top of his. How may miles would we be left during this perfect storm..

It does not sound all rosy to me..

Last edited:
Then don’t buy one?

Not everyone needs a ton of range. These cars are a screamin deal.
there are charge curve graphs on the net, just look, NCA
also "Tesla claims that its batteries lose about 12% of their capacity after 200,000 miles. This is an average of 1% per 16,667 miles. However, some say that it's normal for a car to be below these figures, and that 5% or more is quite normal, even when new."

no worries, but happy

Product differentiation, plain and simple. Nothing mysterious about that.
It is obvious that the missing shelf is for product differentiation. Not so much for the disabled fog lights as they are not listed in specs nor easily discoverable by buyers. Even if the difference is noticeable by some TeslaMotorClub buyers, it is such an insignificant factor for deciding trims.

Here is confirmation of the usable battery capacity from Tessie. So 69.6kWh usable out of the physical capacity of 78.8kWh means about 12% is locked out. SMT reports a buffer of 3.5kWh, so it seems that the locked capacity is all at the top. With this extra capacity (as it seems the MY RWD was intended to have the same 60kWh battery as the M3 RWD), the MY RWD may actually be able to hit the EPA rated range, unlike the usual overly optimistic Tesla EPA ratings.

Screenshot_20231226-161749.png

Reactions: sc8488 and mborkow