Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Usb-C ports in front

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same result - 'Loading Error'

In the Safety & Security section you can reformat the USB in the glove box port. So I did.

Brought it back in the house and plugged it into the PC, where I erased the Tesla Cam files. Then reloaded some music. Same result.

I do appreciate the ideas - Thanks.

If it matters (?) I can plug the USB into the Sentry port in the glove box (No Adapter) and still get the same results.

hmm, I think something is wrong with the drive then. Personally I use one of these SD cards (SanDisk 128GB MAX Endurance microSDXC Card with Adapter for Home Security Cameras and Dash cams - C10, U3, V30, 4K UHD, Micro SD Card - SDSQQVR-128G-GN6IA Amazon.com: SanDisk 128GB MAX Endurance microSDXC Card with Adapter for Home Security Cameras and Dash cams - C10, U3, V30, 4K UHD, Micro SD Card - SDSQQVR-128G-GN6IA: Computers & Accessories) with this reader (SanDisk - SDDR-B531-GN6NN MobileMate USB 3.0 microSD Card Reader - SDDR-B531-GN6NN Black Amazon.com: SanDisk - SDDR-B531-GN6NN MobileMate USB 3.0 microSD Card Reader - SDDR-B531-GN6NN Black: Computers & Accessories) partitioned into two drives. One for, Sentry Mode/Dash and the other for boom box. You could buy the 256GB version and partition it into three drives (sentry mode / dash cam, boom box and music).

Reactions: Hamrhead
This is the specific drive I'm using but I've used others without problem. Could just be that you're using a bad drive:

Just ordered one of these, but 32GB. Hopefully it'll solve my issue. Worst case, it cost me $12.

FWIW, I have three different drives and they all do the same thing in my car, but they are all a few years old. Maybe I just need something more up to date? We'll see.

Again, I appreciate the ideas from all - Thank You.

Reactions: with_raiden
Just ordered one of these, but 32GB. Hopefully it'll solve my issue. Worst case, it cost me $12.

FWIW, I have three different drives and they all do the same thing in my car, but they are all a few years old. Maybe I just need something more up to date? We'll see.

Do you have one of the newer Model Ys with the USB A port in the glovebox? You might try it in there to see if it works. The fact that you've tried about 3 and they don't work makes me think that it might be your USB C to A converter - just a thought.

Do you have one of the newer Model Ys with the USB A port in the glovebox? You might try it in there to see if it works. The fact that you've tried about 3 and they don't work makes me think that it might be your USB C to A converter - just a thought.
Yes. Purchased my '21 MYP in the beginning of March this year. I did try using my USB stick(s) in the glove box w/o the adapter - Same 'Loading Error' result.

Reactions: iamnid

FWIW I use the 64GB version of that same USB flash drive with a USB-C adapter and it works fine. Good luck 👍

Same result unfortunately. Kind of expected though.

I guess at this point I'm going to try to find someone with a Model Y and possibly try my USB in their car? Or theirs in my car?

Don't know what else to do.

Same result unfortunately. Kind of expected though.

I guess at this point I'm going to try to find someone with a Model Y and possibly try my USB in their car? Or theirs in my car?

Don't know what else to do.
I'm reading in a couple of other forums that 'rebooting' the Tesla might help. Here's how to do that:

If you run out of options, wait until the next software update and then see if that clears it up. It's possible (not likely though) that your last software update was corrupted.

If I think of anything else, I'll post it here.

Was at the Tesla Dealer today so I plugged my USB into a brand new Y - Same 'Loading Error' as my car. so that tells me it's not a problem with my car specifically.
At this point, I'd try formatting the drive in the Tesla itself and then put it in your computer to add the music files. Other than that, I cannot imagine why it isn't working unless the drive itself is defective.

At this point, I'd try formatting the drive in the Tesla itself and then put it in your computer to add the music files. Other than that, I cannot imagine why it isn't working unless the drive itself is defective.
Actually, it's multiple drives showing the same error.

I keep thinking I'm doing something wrong they way I add music files to the drive, but they work just fine in every other vehicle, so I'm stumped?

I will try your idea over the weekend - Thanks.

Tried this tonight with 2 different drives. No Luck.

Like I said, I plugged my drive into a New Y at the Tesla dealership the other day with the same 'Loading Error', so I'm thinking it's a problem with the cars software? I'm out of ideas.