Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 Impressions from those who have installed the update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the Version 10 update this morning, on my 2019 Tesla Model 3. Here's a one minute Youtube video I made on the summon feature using my car. I was a bit nervous, but it worked very well. Some people passing by were impressed. Me too!

Cheers!

Jim
not something I would do. Stand right in front of the car and trust a beta feature to not run over me and kill me :D
nice video though.

Last edited:
Same question. My phone is running Android 10 and the Tesla app is working fine. I'd be posting about it if I suddenly lost phone-as-key. I am still waiting on the app update to support V10 though.
The old app still works, you just don't get the new features like rolling up and down the windows, streaming video from phone etc.

You don't have to wait for an app update, if it was available you can always to to the play store, 3 line menu, my apps and games -> then look under updates available.

I'm not sure what has changed on the summon page, but I can go check.

Just think, 1 year ago, no Sentry, no Dashcam, no Arcade, no NOA, no PIN to Drive, no V3 SCs, AP was a glorified TACC, no lane changes, no track mode, no dog mode, and this doesn’t even include anything in V10...
As an AP1/HW1 owner who won't get many of those new features and who's become pretty critical of Tesla recently... I'm genuinely happy and even excited. Very cool for you guys! My current car does what I paid for, and I am more than happy with that, too.

The old app still works, you just don't get the new features like rolling up and down the windows, streaming video from phone etc.

You don't have to wait for an app update, if it was available you can always to to the play store, 3 line menu, my apps and games -> then look under updates available.

I'm not sure what has changed on the summon page, but I can go check.

You don't get to roll the windows up and down.

Its a vent function that moves the windows down 1+ inch ( vent ) and then back up.

I just tried to use smart summon on my driveway. It wasn't successful at just pulling up the driveway, a slightly curved path, about 11 feet wide, nor backing down when I put it up there. Looking at the app, it is always showing the intended path (blue line) is to drive completely around the house on the wrong side. Once it seemed to want to back onto the street and turnaround, so it would have to reverse up??Initially I thought the issue was it showed the car pointing (red triangle) perpendicular to its actual orientation, so I drove down the street and back again to get the triangle facing the right way, but still no joy.

Is it using the satellite imagery to determine which way is the clear path? There is a large tree to one side but the satellite image shows it completely obscuring the driveway with high branches. Would that be the cause of the strange path?

Now, where's my chainsaw?

You don't get to roll the windows up and down.

Its a vent function that moves the windows down 1+ inch ( vent ) and then back up.

"Close" will fully roll up the windows all the way if they are already open more than that inch, like from fully open. Personally I'd have liked it to be a bigger gap on "vent" than 1 inch, but I'll take that over nothing.

Reactions: DopeGhoti
Ok, using my wifes phone come to me is pretty neat, but it really struggles if the car is reversing.
Also it looks like double tap to auto park is no longer an option? Or maybe I'm doing it wrong since I just removed hold to summon to try it out. Did it need the P symbol to light up in order for the double tap to work before?
Hold to summon must be off for double-tap-Park-for-Summon to be enabled. Presumably because that is independent of the phone, and only uses sonar to know when to stop.

The P symbol is only for auto-park, which is separate from "self-summon" from the driver's seat.

What happens when a parking lot full of Teslas and their owners all start Smart Summon. Who has the right of way and do they follow the leader one behind the other? Lol!
There was a funny video, probably 6 months old, where a group of Teslas, over a dozen were lined up on both sides of a parking lot, and they all activated Summon at the same time, not Smart Summon, but your basic old Summon. You have to watch it to see the hilarity that ensued. I'm sure if you search for Tesla group summon on youtube you'll find it.

Reactions: Tron 3
I just tried to use smart summon on my driveway. It wasn't successful at just pulling up the driveway, a slightly curved path, about 11 feet wide, nor backing down when I put it up there. Looking at the app, it is always showing the intended path (blue line) is to drive completely around the house on the wrong side. Once it seemed to want to back onto the street and turnaround, so it would have to reverse up??Initially I thought the issue was it showed the car pointing (red triangle) perpendicular to its actual orientation, so I drove down the street and back again to get the triangle facing the right way, but still no joy.

Is it using the satellite imagery to determine which way is the clear path? There is a large tree to one side but the satellite image shows it completely obscuring the driveway with high branches. Would that be the cause of the strange path?

Now, where's my chainsaw?
I'm not certain it will work great on driveways. I'm suspecting it is leaning on the mapping of public streets and parking lots. It wouldn't operate at all on my driveway, but worked fine at work.

Last edited: