Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 Impressions from those who have installed the update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What about flac vs spotify from your phone or pc? Similar results? Wondering if Spotify quality is consistent.
Good question, but it's harder to do, because I want to test in the same environment. In theory Flac will always be better, but how noticeable to someone like me who's attended too many punk concerts without hearing protection? I dunno. Spotify can do up to 320kbps MP3 on the phone/computer, which is quite a bit better than Slacker was streaming. But we have no control over how it runs through the car's player. If I were to play it through BT on my phone in the car, it goes through further compression in the BT-passthrough, so you're losing quality there, too.

Either way, I think if you're driving around with windows open or on the highway, the quality of Spotify should be plenty acceptable.

Instead of some of the cheesy features they added, I really wish we would have gotten:
- on screen viewing of sentry videos
- 360 deg view for tight spots/parking

I have heard that 360 deg viewing is patented and needs to be licensed but I believe the direct downward front facing camera missing might make it impossible. That being said I think this is a great safety feature if you have kids or small animals, we have it on our other car.

- I wish Joe Mode was even quieter, but its a big improvement. For me, its now "average" loudness.

- I noticed when you ask to play a song by an artist, it no longer plays a song but takes you to a list of playlists - with Spotify ones at the top.

- Would love the Spotify UX to be even better

I just got my update while I was helping my father look at an Audi E-tron. I updated my 3 LR RWD while we were in the dealership. When we Left I enhanced summoned the car to us at the front. The Salesman was... speechless... He was flabbergasted when I told him It updated while in the dealership and couldn't do that before.

And on-queue your dad said, "Gosh, I really am an ass for considering this E-tron over a Tesla aren't I?"

This update is better than I excepted. :)

- New visualizations: very nice. The new lane change animation in Autopilot mode is good
- Spotify: Yes! I currently don't have a premium subscription (switched to Apple Music a while ago), but I will sign up for a month and try it. If it works well in the car (including access to my playlists) I will switch back to Spotify.
- Netflix/Hulu/Youtube: Very happy about those. Should help a lot for boring charging sessions. Works over LTE right now, but I suspect they will charge for that at some point (depending on how much people actually use it).
- Teslacam/Sentry: inclusion of the the rear camera feed and auto-delete of old Sentry files are major improvements. Just checked the videos from my first drive and they look fine.
- Window closing from app: great for peace of mind. It still occasionally happens to me that I accidentally brush against the window buttons when getting out of the car, now I can check remotely if all the windows are closed.
- Enhanced Summon: not tried it yet, don't care much

I have to say I am amazed at how well Summon just worked in a public parking lot. While it was raining it backed out of a spot and drove around a half circle drive to pick my dog and I up! I like the app visualization of what it can see, gives me a little more confidence it’s not blind.
That's the first actual, non-experimental use of enhanced summon that I've seen, personally. Congrats!