Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 Impressions from those who have installed the update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tried smart summon last night. I feel like it’s very cautious which is a good thing while it is learning and improving. However, not knowing how it will act in a certain situation or how it will plan it’s route or simply it might stop while a car is behind gives me major anxiety. For now it’s a good trick.

I would like the ability to draw my own route for this time being or refresh button to draw new routes until one seems good enough. Last night in a pretty open parking lot it decides to go between two of the only cars to get to me. Why?

The Tesla App shows the route it's going to take. If you are using the (come to me button) The top of the screen will draw out the route in black and white ( of the immediate route. If you click on the summon button, it shows the route 100% on the map in a blue line.

Reactions: paulvinh
Got the Version 10 update this morning, on my 2019 Tesla Model 3. Here's a one minute Youtube video I made on the summon feature using my car. I was a bit nervous, but it worked very well. Some people passing by were impressed. Me too!
I notice that summon turns the wheels while the car is standing. Not good. It should turn the wheels while moving.

The Tesla App shows the route it's going to take. If you are using the (come to me button) The top of the screen will draw out the route in black and white ( of the immediate route. If you click on the summon button, it shows the route 100% on the map in a blue line.
Yes, I see those routes but would like to be able to make my own route or a refresh button that makes it render and try another route.

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
I would like the ability to draw my own route for this time being or refresh button to draw new routes until one seems good enough. Last night in a pretty open parking lot it decides to go between two of the only cars to get to me. Why?
Actually I would like the ability to have the front camera feed to my phone and allow me to steer the car from the phone. It can still determine if it needs to avoid things or stop when it needs to. That's probably never going to happen though.

Reactions: Phlier and paulvinh
Just signed up for premium Spotify. Logged into one car. When accessing Spotify on the other it kicks me out of the other car. I assume only one car or user can use at a time. So will upgrading to family solve this problem?
That’s how the single user accounts are designed. You can only stream to one source. If you create a family account, you can create multiple accounts and stream simultaneously without issue.

Tried smart summon last night. I feel like it’s very cautious which is a good thing while it is learning and improving. However, not knowing how it will act in a certain situation or how it will plan it’s route or simply it might stop while a car is behind gives me major anxiety. For now it’s a good trick.

Not entirely cautious. ;)
Enhanced Summon coming (Elon tweet 6 Apr, 2019)

well we don’t know for sure if the car would have driven into the barrier. It should show you the path it will take on your phone.
Yeah, good point, I didn't use satellite view to see if it was going through the median (didn't know that existed until today). And for the record, I'm not complaining at all. As mentioned in my post I'm a huge fan of Smart Summon and have and will continue to use it. Just posting experience.

I have to say I’m totally impressed with V10, especially with TACC, EAP, and NOA. I tested them all on the way to work this morning (about 70 miles round trip).

TACC - has “grown up.” It’s not the “brand new driver” on the block anymore. It’s definitely matured it’s skill set to near the level of an experienced driver. No more braking abruptly if someone merges to your Lane from either side. It almost ignores the cars that are merging and still keeps at a safe speed and distance between without the abrupt braking it used to do. In stop and go traffic it also works flawlessly.

EAP/NOA - now has an option to automatically start at the beginning of each trip. Lane changes are flawless and without hesitation. It just acts and feels very polished overall. And the visuals, lane markings, etc. are a nice touch.

Kudos to Tesla for developing an excellent release.

Used NoA today and it was pretty good. Slowing down when a car cuts in was much smoother. I did notice “ping-pong” feedback in the steering wheel on highway curves, almost as if there’s a new steering algorithm to handle curves...a little more “jagged,” if that makes sense.

Oncoming traffic visualization is minimal. If there’s any median, or even some space between double yellows, you don’t see oncoming cars. Basically they have to be oncoming in a lane right next to you, like a residential street.

Tried Smart Summon in my parents’ wide 3car driveway. Wanted to see if I could move the car from in front of the double door to in front of the single door without getting in. I used Come to Me while standing a few feet behind the car and it reversed toward me like a puppy dog. Unfortunately the forward direction didn’t work as well as it kept saying Summon Complete without moving much - probably the “nose in the target” issue, i.e. it felt it was close enough.

Everyone is focusing on Smart Summon because it’s the shiny new toy, but Autopilot is the real star of this update. It’s so much smoother and more assertive in all situations. That, in addition to the upgraded visualizations, have boosted my confidence level in it quite a bit. It’s the first time I’ve felt I can really trust it without being worried it is going to do something strange.

Thanks to Joe Mode quieting the AP sounds, my wife remarked after a 25 min NOA drive that she didn’t even know we were on autopilot and that she thought I was driving.

Kudos to the AP team!

Everyone is focusing on Smart Summon because it’s the shiny new toy, but Autopilot is the real star of this update. It’s so much smoother and more assertive in all situations. That, in addition to the upgraded visualizations, have boosted my confidence level in it quite a bit. It’s the first time I’ve felt I can really trust it without being worried it is going to do something strange.

I agree with you -- and keep in mind, we're still on an AP2-compatible neural network. Once we start seeing the "real" FSD neural network, I expect this to really improve dramatically! Maybe 'ol Musky ain't quite as crazy as the media makes him out to be ...

I have to say I’m totally impressed with V10, especially with TACC, EAP, and NOA. I tested them all on the way to work this morning (about 70 miles round trip).

TACC - has “grown up.” It’s not the “brand new driver” on the block anymore. It’s definitely matured it’s skill set to near the level of an experienced driver. No more braking abruptly if someone merges to your Lane from either side. It almost ignores the cars that are merging and still keeps at a safe speed and distance between without the abrupt braking it used to do. In stop and go traffic it also works flawlessly.

EAP/NOA - now has an option to automatically start at the beginning of each trip. Lane changes are flawless and without hesitation. It just acts and feels very polished overall. And the visuals, lane markings, etc. are a nice touch.

Kudos to Tesla for developing an excellent release.
Agree with everything you said. Although, NOA starting at the beginning of each trip has been around a couple updates.