Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 Impressions from those who have installed the update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One thing I noticed is that the AP now reduces speed before a tight turn as it should, before used to almost panic and hit the brakes in the middle of the turn. Much better now.

AP and TACC is much better at stop and go traffic. Before it would accelerate very slowly and I used to have to accelerate myself as to not annoy the drivers behind me. Now it really takes off.

Reactions: Aellinsar
One thing I noticed is that the AP now reduces speed before a tight turn as it should, before used to almost panic and hit the brakes in the middle of the turn. Much better now.

AP and TACC is much better at stop and go traffic. Before it would accelerate very slowly and I used to have to accelerate myself as to not annoy the drivers behind me. Now it really takes off.
I agree that it was slow before, but now it feels positively aggressive. I would personally like the option for CHILL mode to apply to the way autopilot drives. When I’m in the car myself I’m ok with the more aggressive mode, but with passengers it seems unnecessarily aggressive. CHILL should be ‘CHAUFFEUR” mode when AP is engaged.....

Been playing with V10 all day...

Best stuff?

Netflix - more immersive than you realize with that great sound system

AutoPilot -Finally accelerates normally when the light turns green and doesn’t require giving extra ‘gas’ to keep up with traffic.

Enhanced summon - I recommend PRACTICE in an empty lot first. You can actually sit in the drivers seat and use “Go to Target” instead of “Come to me”. That way you can hit the brakes or abort if needed. It’s very good but it really helps to know its limits. Cool how AI ‘sees’ the lane markings (this is my driveway)
E3CB3A77-2CD5-48A9-AF79-EB9208594E8D.jpeg

You can actually sit in the drivers seat and use “Go to Target” instead of “Come to me”. That way you can hit the brakes or abort if needed.

Be aware that if you do this, you will be subject to a very jerky ride. At least that was my experience. The car slams on the brakes quite a bit. When you are standing outside and doing summon, the car does the same thing, but it doesn't look so bad compared to feeling it inside the car.

yes, I like the fact that it accelerates sooner and better to keep up with the car ahead. But, I was told by a developer that the portion of the code which decides when to start moving has not been changed. I guess I believe it since my car takes the same delay to start moving, but once it moves, it is faster. I wish they would have the car start moving just a little sooner after the car in front moves.

So far lot of nice things in the v10 update. Only thing so far negative is the decreased time between steering wheel nags. Before the update could go 1/2 mile between nags now only about 2/10th of mile.
Interesting observations on this. Some have seen more nags, others have seen no changes. I’m in the camp if no changes but haven’t driven too much on AP. Wonder what the variable is?

Interesting observations on this. Some have seen more nags, others have seen no changes. I’m in the camp if no changes but haven’t driven too much on AP. Wonder what the variable is?
Having driven 70 miles today, I’m inclined to say that the nags seemed more frequent than before. But, maybe it’s just me, it seemed like the difference in frequency of nags between EAP and NOA seemed as if NOA was less frequent, if that makes sense?