Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 in Canada - what will it come with?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They are giving those of us with the SR cars browser access to WiFi data. How is that generous? The browser code is already in the car, previously disabled by software. If they allowed us access via LTE, that would be quite generous.

If you did your research, you purchased your Model 3 with partial premium interior knowing that it does not include a web browser. With the new Tesla Theatre and video streaming available in V10, Tesla decided it would be beneficial for the entire fleet to be able to access these new features (over wifi), so they unlocked the Web Browser (over wifi), which you did not purchase as part of your trim. It has nothing to do with what's already in the software code, but the fact that you were generously offered a feature that you did not purchase. Did you want Tesla to just say Tesla Theatre requires web browser, which is a paid upgrade for SR+?

They are giving those of us with the SR cars browser access to WiFi data. How is that generous? The browser code is already in the car, previously disabled by software. If they allowed us access via LTE, that would be quite generous.
What you are saying is like if you bought economy seat on a long flight and they gave you left over steak from frist class, and you are complaing airline is not generous because they did not just simply give you full upgrade to first class seat. Steak is already made, does not cost airline extra, just like broser in your car.

Fair enough. Opinions are like bums, everybody has one. I don’t think that a company that makes a product or service available, when that costs them nothing, can be called generous. It’s nice, I’m pleased that I’m getting it. I’m not asking for more, but I doubt that I’ll use it more than twice annually. YMMV.

Unless you ordered your Tesla before July 1, 2018, you're going to eventually have to pay for Premium Connectivity. This is why I ordered my Model 3 on June 30, 2018.

Here's the info straight from the Tesla site:

Will there be a trial period for Premium Connectivity?
For all Model S and Model X cars ordered on or after July 1, 2018, Premium Connectivity will be complimentary for one year after delivery, as well as all Model 3 cars with Premium Interior. After the complimentary period ends, Standard Connectivity will be available for all cars at no cost, and Premium Connectivity will be available for purchase via the in-car touchscreen. Connectivity plans for Model 3 without Premium Interior will be announced later this year.

How do the new connectivity options impact current Tesla owners?
All Tesla cars ordered on or before June 30, 2018 will continue to have access to their existing Premium Connectivity features at no cost for as long as the car is active. As additional apps and services become available in the future, owners will have the opportunity to upgrade their connectivity plan.

Full info here: Frequently Asked Questions - Connectivity

SR+ owner here. There’s no way I’d expect them to give me anything new for free. However I’d be plenty happy if they finally released the enhanced connectivity subscription package they announced some time ago. I’d be happy to pay $10/month US to get the real time traffic data and web browsing that comes with the full premium interior

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190928-152853.png
    Screenshot_20190928-152853.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 72