Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 on MCU1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The weird part is all Xs are apparently only allowed to open the windows remotely, not to close, while Ss aren’t allowed either and 3s are apparently allowed both. It makes no sense to me, but there must be a reason...
So now you see, Model 3 become flagship, uses latest technologies, and cost half compare with S/X. As S owner, I feel like little white mouse sometimes, but still love my S tho ;)

All model S cant do the window venting. Must be something hardware related that they never updated in the S

The weird part is all Xs are apparently only allowed to open the windows remotely, not to close, while Ss aren’t allowed either and 3s are apparently allowed both. It makes no sense to me, but there must be a reason...

Maybe they assume since some, such as myself, have the sunroof which can be vented from the mobile app, there is no need to vent the windows?

I remember using this all the time on my Honda Ridgeline; lowering all the windows while walking over to the vehicle from across the parking lot in the summer when it is 38 degrees C and allowing the 60 degree air to escape before sticking your body in it was an excellent feature.

Didn't the S at one point early on have the ability to roll down windows via the key fob, but that feature got removed for safety and/or security reasons? Or am I misremembering? It's probably technically capable of window vent or whatever, but it's been disallowed for reasons.

• Informative
Reactions: BigNick
Didn't the S at one point early on have the ability to roll down windows via the key fob, but that feature got removed for safety and/or security reasons? Or am I misremembering? It's probably technically capable of window vent or whatever, but it's been disallowed for reasons.

I seem to recall it was removed because too many people were accidentally triggering it and opening their windows in the rain/etc.

If so, they have an enormous lead over any potential competition; far larger than anyone had expected. If they can design, plan and build a brand new powertrain with 3 motors in ~2 days and have it already trounce the best attempt by Porsche, nobody else stands a chance.
You're full of it. Porsche is actually manufacturing its drive train and delivering it to customers. Tesla hacked together something quickly—which broke down in spectacular fashion for all to see—and said it won't be in a shipping Model S for at least a year. That's Elon time, so count on 2 years. Perhaps facts don't matter much in your world, but they do in mine.

Yeah. You get Joe Mode. You're welcome.

Lol.
Stupidest name ever for a software feature. Who the f* is Joe? Those in non-English speaking markets are surely scratching their heads as well, wondering what a Joe is?

The limitations would appear to follow the evolution of Tesla's window regulators and hardware. Model S had tons of failures, X less, and 3 even fewer. This would also appear to gel with Tesla's latest policy of reducing warranty costs by updating vehicle functionality in a way to reduce hardware failures, therefore, warranty claims.

You're full of it. Porsche is actually manufacturing its drive train and delivering it to customers. Tesla hacked together something quickly—which broke down in spectacular fashion for all to see—and said it won't be in a shipping Model S for at least a year.

Why do you assume they just “threw something together quickly”? It’s just as possible that they have been working on this drivetrain and used this as a severe track test.

As well, this is a prototype. Prototypes break. Finding how and when they break is the whole point of making prototypes. If you think Porsche prototypes (or for that matter production cars) never break, you may want to refine your research.

Sorry for the OT. Peace.

If you really have a TeslaFi issue, open a TeslaFi ticket. Never understood why James was supposed to read TMC or even TeslaFi comments for issues. TeslaFi clients can open tickets from the support menu, done it many times to report issues and got things fixed.
HI boat. Thanks. If you are responding to me, I don't have an issue with TeslaFi; however, I did mention in TeslaFi that it does not seem to pick up manual changes that a user might make when changing the "AP" version setting to something other than the default.

Is there any way to "force" the update quickly? I am going on a road trip in a few hours, and will not have WiFi during that time - but I'd like to have the latest software.

I do have the setting in the car for early releases, but haven't gotten v10.
My practice is the ole adage "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." The assumption is that V10 will be better and no new problems occur. For me, I never install new firmware and then immediately run out on a long trip without first testing out the changes. You got a lot more guts than I do. :)

Aside, I guess you already figured out that you can't force a download. Good luck on your trip.