Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 on MCU1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got v10 in my 2012 model s. Start with what’s missing:

Video access-this I was most looking forward too.
New games
Ofcourse nothing regarding security sentry.

included
Joe mode
Remote defrost
Faster working browser- but I spoke to chat Tesla about a repair.
Better placement of icons
Spotify if you have a premium account.

Got v10 in my 2012 model s. Start with what’s missing:

Video access-this I was most looking forward too.
New games
Ofcourse nothing regarding security sentry.

included
Joe mode
Remote defrost
Faster working browser- but I spoke to chat Tesla about a repair.
Better placement of icons
Spotify if you have a premium account.

A 7 year old car still getting updates of any type is pretty cool. I like Spotify....on my 3 month free trial now.

Reactions: aerodyne and Flyguy
Since I got 31.12.2 the browser has been working on LTE and loading pages quite fast. A night mode would be nice.

Don't worry, it will go back to the white screen of death. Mine is dead now after working for a few hours. IMO, Tesla does nothing to update the browser with these updates. The reason the browser works after the update is because of the hard reset the MCU goes thru during an update installation.

I'm surprised people don't know this considering it is one of the most complained about things on here that was missing from the US cars when everyone else in the world had it (well, maybe not Canada either? I'm not sure).

Nope: we in Canada are new to Spotify in the Tesla as well as the other North Americans. (Actually not sure about Mexico, anyone?)

There are over twice as many Teslas just in California then Europe and Australia combined, therefore I would wager the number of Tesla's using new Spotify accounts in the past two weeks over all of North America probably quadruples the total number they had before. With the new larger customer base I hope there is more incentive to make it a better product, and you guys down under should reap the rewards, unless it is a different satellite issue.

Give it couple more days and browser will freeze/white screen of death. Sorry to give bad news.
My browser worked at first. Even with Waze. It quit working and then after rebooting the touchscreen the browser started working again. Waze opened, but didn't show my car on the map or any alerts. I really only use the browser to check the price of TSLA. It was working fine for that on my way to work this morning.

Having just been downgraded from V8 I can say the UI seems to be rendering everything at about the same speed. V10 is just so clunky. The changes they made compared to V8 really don't make any sense. It's like they are trying to piss us off. Hopefully I get use to it.

There are over twice as many Teslas just in California then Europe and Australia combined, .....and you guys down under should reap the rewards, unless it is a different satellite issue.
Yes the numbers would be amazing in that regard.
The issues with Spotify in the Tesla is Tesla, it seems to be more stable now than what it was when the V9 update came out but it used to freeze, reboot the MCU, or not be able to play anything, it really was a mess to the point where you were too scared to actually attempt to use it. I honestly don't think the programmers actually tested it before release it was that flaky. At the same time I run it on my PC and phone and it is faultless, always has been.
I've been getting the V10 update nag for a while now but I'm just holding back to see how many of the locals complain about Spotify being broken again.

My browser worked at first. Even with Waze. It quit working and then after rebooting the touchscreen the browser started working again. Waze opened, but didn't show my car on the map or any alerts. I really only use the browser to check the price of TSLA. It was working fine for that on my way to work this morning.

Having just been downgraded from V8 I can say the UI seems to be rendering everything at about the same speed. V10 is just so clunky. The changes they made compared to V8 really don't make any sense. It's like they are trying to piss us off. Hopefully I get use to it.

If I may ask: what version are you running now and for how long has the browser worked?
I’m still on 32.11.1 and the browser dies on its own (without even using it) in about 24h after a reboot. I find it a pity as when it works, it’s still slow but useful.
I have not had 32.12.2 proposed yet but if it does not help on that issue, i’ll just wait for the next one.

Browser working sounds tempting, but what if it is a trap for AP1 cars that will further reduce range and charging speed?
I have V10 on MCU1, browser froze the first drive after the update, same as v9 as far as reliability, except now you can't have it split screen on the bottom (takes up most of the screen :(). Except now, it takes many minutes to reboot v10 on MCU1 to get the browser going.
Warning, rebooting v10 on MCU1 while driving

If I may ask: what version are you running now and for how long has the browser worked?
I’m still on 32.11.1 and the browser dies on its own (without even using it) in about 24h after a reboot. I find it a pity as when it works, it’s still slow but useful.
I have not had 32.12.2 proposed yet but if it does not help on that issue, i’ll just wait for the next one.
32.12.2 I tried Waze while connected to WiFi in my garage this morning and it fully rendered. The browser has worked since V10 install. Never had V9. I've rebooted twice.