Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 on MCU1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I initially had a update notification for V10 saying it was downloading the update about a week ago. Progress bar never really moved and eventually it just disappeared. The update notification appeared again today but it looks like the progress bar is stuck again. I've never had issues with receiving updates in the past so I don't know what's going on. Anyone else having issues getting V10?

2015 S85 with AP1, I got 2019.32.12.1 last night, no real bugs afaik. Browser (temporarily) working atm, and voice, slacker, bluetooth, and phone working. No noticeable changes to AP so far. Maps might be a fraction slower, it’s hard to tell.

• Informative
Reactions: AustinP
671F4C88-1FD5-4F7B-BA93-05366E781BA2.jpeg
Well my software is now officially up to date

I installed on my 2014 P85 - the release notes were a blank dialog. They must have been telling me something, because most other dialogs are also completely blank, including my charging dialog. I guess this is Tesla's new "just don't worry about it" method of driving.

Access the notes from the main T screen and give it a second. MCU1 can't do browser and notes display on browser.

P85 won't be getting much unfortunately.

• Helpful
Reactions: ohmman
I believe the Tegra processors in MCU1 are not capable of theater mode. So don’t count on it.
Tegras in MCU1 are fully capable of streaming video. Tesla simply chose not to do it because it doesn't want to support code for older hardware. Games and streaming are simply Tesla's attempt to distract owners from the fact that Tesla will eventually cripple everyone's supercharging and battery capacity over time (see #batterygate and #chargegate), I now understand why Musk is pushing all of these distractions.

Just to add a datapoint. I've had v10 (32.12.1) on my early 2015 P85D for 5 days.
- Did get release notes displayed.
- No noticeable changes to AP. Holds lanes the same as before. I've not noticed any additional weaving as reported above.
- Maps seem slower.
- Browser seems slightly faster one time, the same or slower other times. From my standpoint still unusable.

Reactions: BrokerDon
So, yes, just a random user on a enthusiast forum. People come up with lots of crazy explanations for things they do not completely understand. If A happens shortly after B, especially if they have never seen A before, many people assumed that A was caused by B.
In other words, correlation does not equate to causation, agreed.

However, as to rebooting, there are any posts here and elsewhere, that do point to rebooting as a fix for problems after an update. Both the local SC and roadside have advised me to do the same.

Could be we are all reading the same forums ...or it could be it actually works. All I can say for sure is it does for me.

I installed on my 2014 P85 - the release notes were a blank dialog. They must have been telling me something, because most other dialogs are also completely blank, including my charging dialog. I guess this is Tesla's new "just don't worry about it" method of driving.

This is caused by the browser crashing, which is still an issue in v10. Restart your MCU by holding in both steering wheel buttons and the release notes will render.

• Funny
Reactions: BerTX