Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 on MCU1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_20190928_102551.jpg
IMG_20190928_102612.jpg
IMG_20190928_102628.jpg
IMG_20190928_102637.jpg

it’s “unfair” the day I got mine, I could have gotten a 100D for the same price.

it’s “unfair” that I can now get a performance version for less than I paid for mine.

it’s just the way it goes. There are cutoff times.

I am hoping one day we can get MCU upgrades but I’m not holding my breath.

And for Pete’s sake, the car isn’t “outdated by years” until it’s actually “outdated by years”.

there will be things coming out on next years car that current buyers will miss out on.
That’s all fine with me, but they downgraded the functionality of our, fairly new cars, by forcing us to install software designed for a more powerful MCU. That’s total BS.

I’m glad they are innovating and making the cars better, but they are trampling their old hardcore fans with no apologies.

I think it's a little fair to be upset that a car built February 28 2018 is outdated by years now over a car built march 1 2018
That seems like a ridiculous example as you could pick any big hardware improvement and then pick the month RIGHT before it happened and the month it happened and hold that up as a clear example of ONLY ONE month different and the support for something related to that hardware is awful in such "new" cars barely different than one month.

• Disagree
Reactions: Trebek1762
That’s all fine with me, but they downgraded the functionality of our, fairly new cars, by forcing us to install software designed for a more powerful MCU. That’s total BS.

I’m glad they are innovating and making the cars better, but they are trampling their old hardcore fans with no apologies.

if you feel that you car is now worse than at time of purchase, then that’s a fair complaint.

Reactions: GSP and Foxyboy
That seems like a ridiculous example as you could pick any big hardware improvement and then pick the month RIGHT before it happened and the month it happened and hold that up as a clear example of ONLY ONE month different and the support for something related to that hardware is awful in such "new" cars barely different than one month.
Again, it’s that Tesla said there was no significant difference between the 2 MCU units and how they wouldn’t let anyone transfer over their 2k deposit to a new build with MCU2. They literally told us to pound sand.

Again, it’s that Tesla said there was no significant difference between the 2 MCU units and how they wouldn’t let anyone transfer over their 2k deposit to a new build with MCU2. They literally told us to pound sand.

In those few cases, yes that is not right and I’d be annoyed too.

BUUUT I did sign a contract and order what I did receive. It would have been good for Tesla to offer a discount though.

there have been reports of MCU1 upgrading to MCU2 but not mainstream yet. Good consistent and accurate communication is definitely lacking with Tesla.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: scottf200