Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 on MCU1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Your slacker subscription comes free with your tesla, you shouldn't need to cancel it. Spotify in the car on the other hand requires a premium (paid; not ad-supported) account. I think this is how they're getting around the contractual obligations to slacker, with a bring-your-own-account model. Works out great for us who already have a Spotify account and use it on all of our other devices.

As said before though, if having "radio stations" based on artists/genres is all you want, Slacker will be fine for you. If you want the ability to play full albums, listen to the same track 6 times in a row on repeat (hey, don't judge...), or have playlists autogenerated based on your listening trends (as well as ones you create yourself, or ones curated by other users), with a larger library, then Spotify is worth the extra couple bucks a month.

I have my own Slacker premium account so I can have my own playlists and listen to better quality sound. Looks like Spotify is better.

It will be such a shame if there is never a MCU2 retrofit, appreciate not everything can be upgraded but let’s say Tesla complete FSD next year (stop laughing) how long would that take to upgrade every single 2.5 computer for those that purchased FSD let alone if they did also work with 2.0 cars. Elon said it’s a quick swap out to the 3.0 computer and free for all those who paid for FSD so why not give us an option to pay for a MCU2 retrofit, they can still make money out of us. Yes some will argue that they want us to purchase new cars to get better ‘stuff’ but sometimes they just need to let us loyal buyers that helped get them to where they are today some hope of a future with our current cars.

the number of times I have to reboot MCU1 to get noise back for my indicators, to get music playing again or get phone working, so frustrating. Gave up on Spotify a long time ago as just trying to listen to the radio is bad enough when the MCU decides it needs a reboot.

Thank you. That is why I’m trying to plow through this thread because I wanted to know the question posed in the OP: has anyone with MCU1 gotten V10?

The lowest VIN I see on Teslafi of the X’s that have gotten V10 is 88XXX. I am VIN 60XXX built in September 2017. Does anyone have an estimate of the VIN numbering when MCU2 started?

Yes that would be about a day after my car was built. Vin 2461xx I would say you got the MCU2

Late Feb 2018 they switched to MCU 2.

Last edited:
Thank you. That is why I’m trying to plow through this thread because I wanted to know the question posed in the OP: has anyone with MCU1 gotten V10?

The lowest VIN I see on Teslafi of the X’s that have gotten V10 is 88XXX. I am VIN 60XXX built in September 2017. Does anyone have an estimate of the VIN numbering when MCU2 started?

Can go to a website to determine that.

What is the website that tells you if you have the new MCU?

It will be such a shame if there is never a MCU2 retrofit, appreciate not everything can be upgraded but let’s say Tesla complete FSD next year (stop laughing) how long would that take to upgrade every single 2.5 computer for those that purchased FSD let alone if they did also work with 2.0 cars. Elon said it’s a quick swap out to the 3.0 computer and free for all those who paid for FSD so why not give us an option to pay for a MCU2 retrofit, they can still make money out of us. Yes some will argue that they want us to purchase new cars to get better ‘stuff’ but sometimes they just need to let us loyal buyers that helped get them to where they are today some hope of a future with our current cars.

the number of times I have to reboot MCU1 to get noise back for my indicators, to get music playing again or get phone working, so frustrating. Gave up on Spotify a long time ago as just trying to listen to the radio is bad enough when the MCU decides it needs a reboot.

I’m with you, I can’t even get the phone to work in my car without a reboot. I gave up over a month ago, the last time I took it in to Tesla. It was the Parrot card the first time. This time they said wait for V10 and that will fix it. There going to have an S sitting at there door step next week if it doesn’t. What has Tesla been telling you?

My issue started with a simple update.

It looks like 2019.32.11 is going to VINs with MCU1.
8837D977-E03C-492D-A2E8-BBBB92089F8E.jpeg

Let’s not turn this into another MCU2 retrofit gripes thread please... there are already two threads for that:

MCU2 - Retrofit
Musk confirms/Tesla Refutes upgradeability from MCU1 to MCU2