Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 on the Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have v10 now. My car is a 2017 Model X AP2 with FSD upgrade recently purchased.

I don’t have any new entertainment options, besides Spotify, which is nice.

I did try Smart Summon tonight in an empty mall parking garage. Had a couple of nerve racking moments where the car almost swiped some concrete columns, but all in all pretty amazing stuff. The security guard standing nearby stood and watched in amazement. This stuff truly is a game changer, and it’s now undeniable that Tesla is a million miles ahead of everyone else.

One weird thing I noticed was how the windshield wipers kept turning on. Happened every time I started smart summon.

Another weird thing is when I would audibly ask the car to play a song, it would never just do it, it would just give me search results. Mind you this was after I signed into Spotify. Another thing that happened is on some song requests, the MCU would reboot itself. It especially didn’t like me asking it to play “Field of Dreams” by Sting. That would cause an immediate reboot. Elon must not be a fan.

• Funny
Reactions: NoSoup4U!
April 2017 build, X, MCU1, AP2.

Just updated to 2019.32.11. Smart Summon (Beta) is in the release note, but the app is still the old summon. I have updated the app to the latest version (3.10.0).

Have Spotify and Driving Visualization. But no Tesla Theater.

My app had the same issue, I updated the app, I updated the car, then I rebooted my phone and the app updated itself correctly.

I updated to v10 2019.32.11 this morning. I have MCU1 with 2.5 HW. I also have the new iPhone 11 pro with Apple Music. Even after deleting my phone and pair again, the Bluetooth album art and playlist are still not showing ... I’ve also rebooted both the car and my phone ... Ian I missing something?

• Disagree
Reactions: Rlkoffman
I updated to v10 2019.32.11 this morning. I have MCU1 with 2.5 HW. I also have the new iPhone 11 pro with Apple Music. Even after deleting my phone and pair again, the Bluetooth album art and playlist are still not showing ... I’ve also rebooted both the car and my phone ... Ian I missing something?

I suspect the Bluetooth improvements are for MCU2 only. I have the same experience as you, plus I noticed it didn’t show on the release notes for my car.

Do you have rear camera recording with Teslacam now?

July 17. Assume MCU1 with 2.0. No Entertainment update. Smart Summons would not work until I rebooted the car. I missed that it doesn't work on Public roads, so was unable to try on my quiet side street. Definitely seems more gimmic than useful. Eventually I'll try driving on a highway to see if useful.

I have feeling lucky, but the Bluetooth improvements (seeing playlist from device) not visible, and as mentioned, I can vent but not close my windows. Spotify not a big deal for me as i use Google Play. I always have a hard time view Release notes on my screen. Its annoying, but consistent.

People seem to downplay the fact that older versions get lesser updates. One of the appeals of buying a Tesla (this is my second), is the updates that make the car feel new(!) I still love my vehicle-- that's not the point-- and I am getting new stuff. There is just a small amount of disappointment when you don't get to enjoy the full benefit. I am not seething or disgruntled...

I am better understanding why folks prefer to lease Teslas (smile). Free super charging evenutally will come back and you will get to enjoy the full benefits....eventually....

July 17. Assume MCU1 with 2.0. No Entertainment update. Smart Summons would not work until I rebooted the car. I missed that it doesn't work on Public roads, so was unable to try on my quiet side street. Definitely seems more gimmic than useful. Eventually I'll try driving on a highway to see if useful.

I have feeling lucky, but the Bluetooth improvements (seeing playlist from device) not visible, and as mentioned, I can vent but not close my windows. Spotify not a big deal for me as i use Google Play. I always have a hard time view Release notes on my screen. Its annoying, but consistent.

People seem to downplay the fact that older versions get lesser updates. One of the appeals of buying a Tesla (this is my second), is the updates that make the car feel new(!) I still love my vehicle-- that's not the point-- and I am getting new stuff. There is just a small amount of disappointment when you don't get to enjoy the full benefit. I am not seething or disgruntled...

I am better understanding why folks prefer to lease Teslas (smile). Free super charging evenutally will come back and you will get to enjoy the full benefits....eventually....

You and I have very similar feelings about the older hardware. I posted in another thread that my '16 X90D is in great shape for exterior and interior and the 90 battery degradation has pretty much settled at 6% loss. I currently see no need at all the replace my car and I really plan to put 200k miles on it. It would be really nice to see Tesla recognize the fact that these cars can last 500k miles and to provide us hardware upgrade paths (not for free) to make sure that we can get the latest hardware to run all the new features, where possible. I totally get that some features in 5+ years will likely not be realistic, but most of the current upgrades the early Model X's are missing are MCU related.

I still find it amazing that my car(s) get OTA software upgrades and the family goes into the car together to see what the heck was added. It's amazing what Tesla has done and I hope that they continue to innovate and find ways to provide us with upgrade paths!

[

My MX75D is a Dec 2016. I don't expect HARDWARE updates such as MCU2, DashCam, or AP2.5....that seems unrealistic.

However everytime I get a SOFTWARE update which adds new features, I do feel like I have a new vehicle and always make me smile.

Reactions: DriverOne
[

My MX75D is a Dec 2016. I don't expect HARDWARE updates such as MCU2, DashCam, or AP2.5....that seems unrealistic.

However everytime I get a SOFTWARE update which adds new features, I do feel like I have a new vehicle and always make me smile.

It would be unrealistic, if Elon Musk hadn’t said to us that it was realistic, and that there would be an upgrade path for us MCU1 owners.

Think a lot of owners got their hopes up. That’s I think where the disappointment comes in. It all comes back to the Tesla mantra of “Better over time”. It’s a hard pill to swallow if you own a 2018 Q1 S or X and you get mostly left behind on a major update with no upgrade path but to sell your car.

^ what I was going to say. Let me buy the updated MCU2 ! Unless it's technology not possible .
That was my exact question to my SC. After he talked to an engineer he came back to me and said, it’s not just a replacement of the screen. So “many things” have to be replaced behind the screen that it is simply not possible, at this time.

But who knows another engineer might have other ideas.

Reactions: spectrum
I'm now downloading a HUUUGE update for my Model X in Norway. FSD and advanced is set.. is this V10? :D
I'm very excited since I thought this was US only at first.
Now I wonder how much the EU bureaucrats have butchered enhanced summon..

Sorry for double post, is there some minimum SOC the car needs to be on etc?
The download bar has been full for 30 minutes and the car is over 20% SOC so it displays as green but no software update is triggered...

Edit: crap, now the car is redownloading the update.. I guess I just have to be patient here :)

Last edited:
Sorry for double post, is there some minimum SOC the car needs to be on etc?
The download bar has been full for 30 minutes and the car is over 20% SOC so it displays as green but no software update is triggered...

Edit: crap, now the car is redownloading the update.. I guess I just have to be patient here :)
I’m in the same boat. It’s been doing this to me since v10 came out. Ended up speaking to a sc and now I have to bring my car in for them to install it. My car attempted to install it 5x and it just hangs at the end of the download.

I’m in the same boat. It’s been doing this to me since v10 came out. Ended up speaking to a sc and now I have to bring my car in for them to install it. My car attempted to install it 5x and it just hangs at the end of the download.

It worked on 2nd try, but now it's been "installing" for an hour and I can't even open the doors!
Kind of scared but I think it's just a huge update.