Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 release notes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any hopes that the subscription service for premium sound will be included in this update? Really looking forward to this!

Is that really going to be a thing? (The sub-woofer isn't in the car to enable so I doubt it.)

Or did you mean the Premium Connectivity subscription service for the browser, streaming music, and live traffic display, and satellite maps?

Why are people getting precious about the screen shots and suggesting breach of NDA. There is no NDA with V10, and all of those screenshots have been shared already on Electrek and a dozen other websites.

Because although there isn't a signed traditional NDA, there is a signed agreement that states you don't share this kind of stuff. Tesla doesn't have any recourse (besides potentially revoking EAP access) if you share details, but it's kind of a dick thing to do. The whole point is to keep this stuff confidential so they can test new features without the entire world knowing about it. Obviously this doesn't appear to be working in practice...

Honestly, I'd hope Tesla does a good job of policing this and revokes EAP access to those who violate the rules.

Frankly I would say yes they are fluff. In the future they will be handy no doubt but eg Netflix requires you to be stopped AND have Wifi which to be honest you would struggle to find a Supercharger with wifi.

For a Major V10 release you would seriously expect a lot more much needed improvements in other areas rather than just careoke etc.. The sentry auto deletion was a major omission which is finally being addressed but not being able to view sentry on the screen is a big missing feature along with many many others. The world’s most technologically advanced car still sucks in being able to read out and send messages something that even the dumbest ICE cars can do..

Can’t you just use your cellphone as a hotspot?

Reactions: M109Rider
OK, Mabey a stupid question but, what are the Early Access Program Members? Are they the people that helped bata test version 10 or are that the people that spent the extra cash for the Full Self Driving?

Heh... at this point those two groups are supposed to be the same. But LOL Elon....

Early Access Program members are people who have been invited to participate beta testing of newer versions of the software before Tesla releases them to the public. They aren't supposed to talk about it, post screenshots, and videos, but it happens.

Heh... at this point those two groups are supposed to be the same. But LOL Elon....

Early Access Program members are people who have been invited to participate beta testing of newer versions of the software before Tesla releases them to the public. They aren't supposed to talk about it, post screenshots, and videos, but it happens.

Lol.
Most of this thread is not about version 10 release notes. It’s just about the same old group of guys whining and complaining again. Ha Ha.

If I was Elon, I would avoid giving beta software and capabilities to this group at all costs.

Would any of you really want to give free software, or a new product to someone you knew ahead of time, would just whine and complain about it simply because that’s what they enjoy doing most.?
Lol.

Reactions: Tholland
Because although there isn't a signed traditional NDA, there is a signed agreement that states you don't share this kind of stuff. Tesla doesn't have any recourse (besides potentially revoking EAP access) if you share details, but it's kind of a dick thing to do. The whole point is to keep this stuff confidential so they can test new features without the entire world knowing about it. Obviously this doesn't appear to be working in practice...

Honestly, I'd hope Tesla does a good job of policing this and revokes EAP access to those who violate the rules.

OK, but by the time the OP here posted those, they were already in the public domain.

https://electrek.co/2019/09/15/tesla-v10-first-look-release-notes-features/

As for your second comment, I am pretty sure that Tesla love the fact this is being leaked and generating hype. It's free marketing for them.

I don't understand the focus on games. If I wanted games in my car, I'd bring or buy a tablet, whose cost would be a rounding error to the cost of my Tesla, and I'd have access to a huge range of games, and I'd be able to interact with them in a much more comfortable way than reaching across into the middle towards a fixed screen.Perhaps I'm missing something, but while the existing set took me down memory lane and were quite fun for 5 mins, they were in fact very uncomfortable to play.

Reactions: pwykes
\
I don't understand the focus on games. If I wanted games in my car, I'd bring or buy a tablet, whose cost would be a rounding error to the cost of my Tesla, and I'd have access to a huge range of games, and I'd be able to interact with them in a much more comfortable way than reaching across into the middle towards a fixed screen.Perhaps I'm missing something, but while the existing set took me down memory lane and were quite fun for 5 mins, they were in fact very uncomfortable to play.

I think they're trying to give people a way to pass the time when they're charging. I can't imagine I'll ever play any of the games beyond the novelty when I first get it, but that's mainly because I rarely take road trips.

I agree the games are “cute” and make the brand look fun, but I seriously hope the coding pipeline has the games as an addition of opportunity, not that they’re actually assigning programmers to work on games and stuff.

In this case the game was developed by a 3rd party so seems unlikely any internal assets were used except maybe to wire in control stuff if they don't use some universal standard for that.

I would like to see a small part of the Rental car infrastructure before the Tesla Taxi Network.... Then I can loan out my car like on Turo and understand the how Pass a key access to a renter. how to charge overage for car not returned on time. How to manage milage limits. Pass Super Charging cost to the renter. Manage Guess profiles within the screen. Limit or get notification of range the car is driven, if I were to limit the radius of 1000 Miles. etc....

I would like to see a small part of the Rental car infrastructure before the Tesla Taxi Network.... Then I can loan out my car like on Turo and understand the how Pass a key access to a renter. how to charge overage for car not returned on time. How to manage milage limits. Pass Super Charging cost to the renter. Manage Guess profiles within the screen. Limit or get notification of range the car is driven, if I were to limit the radius of 1000 Miles. etc....

That’s going to be like version 14 or something. We’re so far away from that. FSD (with driver paying attention) might not even show up in 2020. Tesla has a long long way to go before that stuff.

Reactions: C141medic