Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V11 is going to be HUGE!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hold up. You actually believe that’s why there is a shift? You have to be chugging the koolaid to believe that a shortage was so specific to radar alone to completely change the approach. Did Elon spew some BS excuse like this that I missed?
I actually work in the tech industry shipping new hardware at least yearly with an active customer base in the tens of millions. I plan tech projects for a living. If something like this V11 debacle played out after a public statement of a holiday release that is now well past 6 months late, tons of leaders would have been straight up fired.
I'm not sure what v11 has to do with a chip shortage that has shutdown production of cars across the world?

I'm not sure what v11 has to do with a chip shortage that has shutdown production of cars across the world?
Only that your software team has to quickly shift toward integrating and qualifying different vendors for other subsystems and chips in the car. He literally said it during the earnings call as the reason they were able to resume production so quickly.

But whatever. Lots of tech geniuses who ship millions of products who know better here :) I'm sure they just decided to cripple their autopilot suite coincidentally during a global component shortage in order to remove radar from their volume cars, while still including it in their high end cars.

Only that your software team has to quickly shift toward integrating and qualifying different vendors for other subsystems and chips in the car. He literally said it during the earnings call as the reason they were able to resume production so quickly.

But whatever. Lots of tech geniuses who ship millions of products who know better here :) I'm sure they just decided to cripple their autopilot suite coincidentally during a global component shortage in order to remove radar from their volume cars, while still including it in their high end cars.
😂 it’s adorable how you try insulting me based on my actual career experience. It’s also adorable that you actually believe *sugar* Elon says publicly, because he is well know for spewing absolute BS. Choose to believe what you want I suppose 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Stereo Demo mode. The Changes to the M3 UI, otherwise known as the 2020 holiday update, reminds me of those all-in-one stereos in the 90's in the store that had a mode for showing all the features to the browsing buyer at a glance. Every light would come on and off, displays would change. It sold stereos. So, last December, we get this much larger eye catching mesmerising display/ set on information overload, that would enthrall a potential Tesla buyer. Possibly just to sell more cars? Makes some sense to me, after it has lead to no reason for the drastic change, in over 6 months.

• Funny
Reactions: smogne41
Stereo Demo mode. The Changes to the M3 UI, otherwise known as the 2020 holiday update, reminds me of those all-in-one stereos in the 90's in the store that had a mode for showing all the features to the browsing buyer at a glance. Every light would come on and off, displays would change. It sold stereos. So, last December, we get this much larger eye catching mesmerising display/ set on information overload, that would enthrall a potential Tesla buyer. Possibly just to sell more cars? Makes some sense to me, after it has lead to no reason for the drastic change, in over 6 months.

i dont think so. i think it was a quick redesign to make FSD a bit easier. Remember, the old GUI was arranged in a way that did not allow resizing of the AP view (i.e. speed limit buttons and high beams etc on top so it didnt easily expand sideways).

That also explains why i.e. the whole thing is put together in a really stupid manner i.e. the space between the music playlist and the AP view is now gone which before made it look quite tidy. The old purple AP blinking with soft borders now has hard botters. The model 3 model has aliasing issues. it all sounded like an emergency solution. Im sure V11 or Model S v 10.5 is in the works and hence they are refusing to update this mess..... question is when. its been 7 months.

Reactions: smogne41
I really think the days of monthly updates on the Tesla are coming to an end. (Other than these small bug fixes updates ofc)
I exceedingly strongly doubt that. We’re in a “lull” due to the “pure vision” update and FSD rewrite. All of these things have interdependencies. The logjam is about to break and I think once it does, we’re going to see it iterate faster than ever.

I exceedingly strongly doubt that. We’re in a “lull” due to the “pure vision” update and FSD rewrite. All of these things have interdependencies. The logjam is about to break and I think once it does, we’re going to see it iterate faster than ever.
It's been too long. The merge had too many conflicts, and the developer who did them is gone now. Screw it, we'll just make the dev branch mainline as soon as the unit tests all pass and the current priority X tasks are through QA. (That's what I image, anyway, because it amuses me.)

PS: Sorry about Buster.:(