Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V11 questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I've just got V11 and mostly I'm disappointed. I have some questions?

1. How do you access driver profiles? I can't find these anywhere and I use them a lot.
2. How do you get the music tab to be just at the bottom of the screen like before. Now it takes either half or the whole screen. The navigation was squeezed in a previous update that made the left hand side car bigger and is now squeezed from the bottom. It is now only about 1/3 of the screen! (see enclosed photo)

other questions include:

quick access to seat heaters?
quick access to wipers?

All in all, it's a mess. I like the configurable bottom screen (although not that you can only have 4 icons on it) and the blindspot cameras ..... but nothing else. Could Tesla please hire some decent UX engineers......
IMG_4045.jpg

So I've just got V11 and mostly I'm disappointed. I have some questions?

1. How do you access driver profiles? I can't find these anywhere and I use them a lot.
2. How do you get the music tab to be just at the bottom of the screen like before. Now it takes either half or the whole screen. The navigation was squeezed in a previous update that made the left hand side car bigger and is now squeezed from the bottom. It is now only about 1/3 of the screen! (see enclosed photo)

other questions include:

quick access to seat heaters?
quick access to wipers?

All in all, it's a mess. I like the configurable bottom screen (although not that you can only have 4 icons on it) and the blindspot cameras ..... but nothing else. Could Tesla please hire some decent UX engineers......View attachment 748127
To access driver profiles, select the car icon to open the full screen menus. It will be at the top.

To make the music app smaller, see the icon that is selected to the left of the magnifying glass? Deselect that.

Quick access to seat warmers? Sorry that was stupidly removed.

Quick access to wipers? Removed also. Best bet for wipers is to press the button on the left stalk to activate them once and then a box comes up where you can select their speed.

With this new update, many items that were selectable with one touch now requires you to go into other menus. Really dumb design.

Thank you Penguino007. I am also very disappointed with this update. Not a single thing I like better than before. Dislike everything you mentioned... and that the TPMS information is now under the "Service" menu. Really? I mean WTF?
It was great before. Just quick swipe of the bottom left corner of the screen and there it was. Check my pressures are still good from last night. Quick swipe the other way and it's gone. No need to worry about what menu it's buried in.
Unbelievable!

Is there a way to uninstall and go back to the previous version?

at least the YouTube / Google login problems are fixed - don't have to do the work-arounds to avoid the TLS / certificate error that wouldn't allow us to log into YouTube or pretty much any Google site.

.. agree that the UI needs a lot of further polishing. And how about using some of the configurable button bar on bottom to get more than 4 icons - no need for so much space to left/right of the HVAC temp buttons.

Reactions: gaspi101
To access driver profiles, select the car icon to open the full screen menus. It will be at the top.

To make the music app smaller, see the icon that is selected to the left of the magnifying glass? Deselect that.

Quick access to wipers? Removed also. Best bet for wipers is to press the button on the left stalk to activate them once and then a box comes up where you can select their speed.

With this new update, many items that were selectable with one touch now requires you to go into other menus. Really dumb design.

Thanks Dan. For some reason (even though I'd read about the profiles on the top of the controls menu) had hadn't seen the profiles before. I must have just not been looking closely enough. Also thanks for the music tip - that's perfect! I'm still not over happy, but that's solved my main two gripes.

Reactions: GSP
I dont think so .. "quick access" was a swipe up then click a button. Now its click the car icon and click a button. I don see any difference in convenience.

This crap looks like it was designed by the same people who went hogwild when and fly-out menus became a thing for web pages. Everyone has different things they want to use with one click so making giving more options from the quick launcher would have been the better choice.

Reactions: Alistairuk
Thank you Penguino007. I am also very disappointed with this update. Not a single thing I like better than before. Dislike everything you mentioned... and that the TPMS information is now under the "Service" menu. Really? I mean WTF?
It was great before. Just quick swipe of the bottom left corner of the screen and there it was. Check my pressures are still good from last night. Quick swipe the other way and it's gone. No need to worry about what menu it's buried in.
Unbelievable!

Is there a way to uninstall and go back to the previous version?
From my POV, the cards in the visualizations area, was not discoverable whatsoever -unless you're already in the know ...or you read the manual and who does that? :) The interface looks like disjointed and busy.

From my POV, the cards in the visualizations area, was not discoverable whatsoever -unless you're already in the know ...or you read the manual and who does that? :) The interface looks like disjointed and busy.
It's Christmas Day and Tesla... previously my favorite car of the past 30 years of car ownership... has ruined it! The more I think about this interface change, the more irritated I get. They should have shown a preview of the changes and ASKED if I wanted to have it installed. TESLA, either give me a way to uninstall this update... go back to the previous screen layout and controls, OR YOU HAVE LOST A CUSTOMER!

It's Christmas Day and Tesla... previously my favorite car of the past 30 years of car ownership... has ruined it! The more I think about this interface change, the more irritated I get. They should have shown a preview of the changes and ASKED if I wanted to have it installed. TESLA, either give me a way to uninstall this update... go back to the previous screen layout and controls, OR YOU HAVE LOST A CUSTOMER!
You have a choice of if to install it. You accepted it without knowing what is in it first. I agree this update is not good in a lot of ways, and I personally have not accepted it (or any update for the last year). I don't mean to 'victim blame' here, but never accept an update from Tesla unless you know what is in it and if you will be happy with the changes. Let the YouTubers have it first and watch the previews there.

Not only dumb, but dangerous!!! If it's raining and the auto-wiper fails to operate (sometimes happens!) I used to be able to turn them to manual with hardly a glance at the screen. Now it's buried in a menu??? What the actual f**k were they thinking?!?!?!?!?

Change for the sake of change is stupid and annoying. It's also dangerous to change something that works fine, that you have to re-learn while you're driving!!!

Not only dumb, but dangerous!!! If it's raining and the auto-wiper fails to operate (sometimes happens!) I used to be able to turn them to manual with hardly a glance at the screen. Now it's buried in a menu??? What the actual f**k were they thinking?!?!?!?!?

Change for the sake of change is stupid and annoying. It's also dangerous to change something that works fine, that you have to re-learn while you're driving!!!
Why are you even using the button on the screen? What’s wrong with hitting the button on the stalk? That’s what I do when I need a wipe. :)

There’s nothing dangerous here, hit the button on the stalk. That screen space that was being used for wipers was a waste.

I like the blind spot cameras activated when using a turn signal. The rest of it I can do without. To bad the Tesla engineers are spending so much time trying to entertain us with Sonic the Hedgehog, TikTok and all the other infotainment crap. Another learning curve dealing with this update.

Reactions: danarcha

EXACTLY. Safety issue.