Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V11 - what’s your verdict?

V11 - what’s your verdict?

• I love it

Votes: 63 14.8%
  • Some good things, some bad things, but overall it’s ok

Votes: 181 42.5%
  • A bit “meh”. I can live with it, but preferred the old UI

Votes: 107 25.1%
  • I hate it

Votes: 75 17.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, the loss of the consumption data on the little card under the (pointless) car visualisation is the real loss. I glance at it frequently to moderate my driving range. To get at it now requires going into the menu and selecting “trips” at which point it totally obscures the entire map. I then need to tap again to clear it. A huge backward step.
I agree. To me this is the worst aspect of the new UI. Like you I used it to monitor the smoothness of my driving and consequent Watts per mile. It unobtrusively occupied only a small space beneath the car icon. It was a similar driving aid to the old fuel consumption meter in an ICE car.

I completed my first long-ish drive (250+ miles) on V11 today (taking my 90yr old parents back after they spent Xmas with us).

Although I was a bit sceptical at first, I now prefer V11 to V10.2.

Heated seats - My dad spent most of the pre-Xmas journey (V10.2) switching between 0 and 3, and my mum (in the back) kept wanting it switched to-and-fro between 1 and 2. On the drive today (V11) I set their heated seats to Auto, but explained I could change that if needed. Not a peep out of either of them about the heated seats - Auto worked a treat!

Trip card - The old trip card in V10.2 was a bit of a pain. I could never just swipe it into view (I would just spin the on-screen car), so I had to press the wiper button and then swipe to trip. If I pressed the wiper button again the trip card would disappear. Pressing the Car icon then Trip is pretty easy. I also use the Trip Energy graph (actual vs predicted) on longer journeys. This was two taps away in V10.2. I have it in the dock in V11, so now just one tap away. But I would still like the option to see current trip info permanently on screen somewhere - there is plenty of room.

Save dashcam - I often used to struggle to find the save recording button on V10.2 (very small and hidden in map detail), so I found tapping the Car icon then the much bigger save recording button easier.

Blind-spot camera - the display is in a poor location, so I didn’t find it much use. It might work if it was just under the speedo.

Autopilot - I did a few dual carriageway/Motorway sections on Autopilot. After one my dad asked if I had been using ‘cruise control’. When I said yes, he said ‘I thought so, it was much smoother driving’! So, V11 Autopilot better than me apparently 🤦‍♂️

Had it since Christmas Eve but only actually drove the car today though I did sneak out last night to have a fiddle with it.

Overall I like the new UI, the fonts and layout look nice and clean. Like the clearer battery indicator and details along the top, liked that the map orientation button is now next to the 'navigate' button rather than being on the far side of the map. A few things I'd like to see tweaked:

• Climate quick controls bound to the centre single tap, and have double tap/swipe up for full menu. As it is I have to increase the temperature by 0.5c then press the control I want, and then press another button to turn it back down again 0.5c
  • Blind spot camera window is in the wrong place, not sure if putting it above the car visualisation is better, it just feels too small to make any informative decision from it without just looking at the mirror.
  • Auto-cancelling indicators seem less sensitive which was annoying, a few times on sweeping left turns at roundabouts the indicator didn't cancel even after the wheel was returned to straight. Never had that before would like the sensitivity returned to where it was
  • Would like to be able to add a few more shortcut buttons to the main screen, what's there doesn't feel enough.
  • Bit more space for the music track info, I only used the radio but the details are too narrow to be useful, especially as they don't scroll

Now give me an App Store and Apple Music integration please!

Heated seats - My dad spent most of the pre-Xmas journey (V10.2) switching between 0 and 3, and my mum (in the back) kept wanting it switched to-and-fro between 1 and 2. On the drive today (V11) I set their heated seats to Auto, but explained I could change that if needed. Not a peep out of either of them about the heated seats - Auto worked a treat
I thought the auto seat heating was for the front only?

I think the blind spot camera is damn right dangerous. If i am indicating right, i should be looking right to check, not looking left around my hand. I understand what they are trying to do, but right now it looks like a poorly executed solution to a problem that i think makes the situation worse.

I quite like the other changes, once i got used to where button were hiding. (profiles, bluetooth, Wifi)

In Fact i am going to setup my "easy entry" app bar to be all the stuff i do when parked up, Like games and theater.

Still really miss my Mile per KWH

Reactions: exlatccatsa
After driving today I don't think the blind spot cameras work particularly well because according to the highway code it should be mirror, signal and manoeuvre. However the camera doesn't come on until you signal. So that would make signal, mirror & manoeuvre and doing that tends to confuse and annoy people...

Well, I suppose, you could use mirror, signal, {final check of the blind spot camera} and then manoeuvre... But what's the point of doing that if you already checked in your mirror?

Also, when looking at the camera, following cars tend to look far away compared to what is seen when using the mirror.

I guess I'll only be using the blind spot camera to alert me if I leave the indicators running when I have music playing at a high volume...

Reactions: Wol747
Well, I suppose, you could use mirror, signal, {final check of the blind spot camera} and then manoeuvre... But what's the point of doing that if you already checked in your mirror?
Isn't the point because the mirrors can have blind spots?

This feature certainly isn't a replacement for looking in your mirrors. Personally I don't think it's that useful, mainly because of the location, when driving along - more useful when stationary at a junction to make sure a cyclist isn't coming up the inside etc.

After driving today I don't think the blind spot cameras work particularly well because according to the highway code it should be mirror, signal and manoeuvre. However the camera doesn't come on until you signal. So that would make signal, mirror & manoeuvre and doing that tends to confuse and annoy people...

Also, when looking at the camera, following cars tend to look far away compared to what is seen when using the mirror.

I guess I'll only be using the blind spot camera to alert me if I leave the indicators running when I have music playing at a high volume...
I think the clue is in the name "blind spot". Surely the point would be to show you stuff you cannot see in the mirror due to you know the blind spot.
So yes Mirror signal, check blind spot. manoeuvre. I don't think it is supposed to replace the mirrors

you can set your phone as a priority connection
I’ve set my iPhone to the priority device, but it doesn’t make any difference very infuriating just because my wife gets in first it goes to her profile, then I’m frantically trying to change it before it crushes me against the steering wheel. The only solution I’ve found is to set her profile name (on the locks screen) to mine, which means she has to set her profile manually. I drive on most occasions, so it works for me, but not so good for her.
I wish it would detect who’s in the driver’s seat to set the profile!

I like the blind spot camera feed on indicating. Anything that assists with knowing my surroundings is helpful. Will I rely on them, No … could they be better placed, Perhaps … will I put aside 30 yrs of driving habits and stop checking my mirrors, Definitely Not … but for me, they’re still a useful driver aid. I’m grateful we’ve been given the choice to use them. I’d rather have more choice than none.

• Auto-cancelling indicators seem less sensitive which was annoying, a few times on sweeping left turns at roundabouts the indicator didn't cancel even after the wheel was returned to straight. Never had that before would like the sensitivity returned to where it was
Yes! This happened to me the other day -- first time ever I realised I was driving with the blinker on 100m down the road from the roundabout.

Status
Not open for further replies.