Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

v2020.8 rolling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2020.8.1 installed on Model S with HW2.5... nothing in the notes on the new visualizations, not a surprise as they are HW3 dependent.

Now to begin the battle for the promised HW3 upgrade for those who paid for FSD...

once regs allow FSD capabilities which require HW3, then the retrofits will happen.

That excuse is wearing a bit thin now.

Up until this release Tesla could reasonably claim that there was no perceivable difference between HW2.5 and HW3.0, but with this release they have included features that require HW3.0.

You can debate how useful the features are, but it remains that there is now a visible difference and Tesla are way past due on delivering some value to those of us who bought and paid for the many undelivered promises to date...

Reactions: Jez_GB and Gatsojon
Well the new display picks up traffice lights, road markings and bins. But rather dissapointingly it doesnt bring the bins in for you, even in full self drive mode....

Sat nav gives the option to navigate using autopilot - I havent tried it since install as only been on b roads and round town. I'll give it a try next time I use the motorway.

Lights and road markings working v well. Even picked up a disabled sign in a car parking space off to one side. Voice commands working much better though sometimes it actions what I asked for even though the transcribed text on the screen is different o_O?

Wheelie bin spotting has taken over from cone spotting with my young children :)

Well it looks like three model 3 SR+s have it now according to TeslaFi. Looking at them, though, they are all low mileage cars and, if you dig into them, it's the first update from new for all of them. Still no existing RWD/SR+ models getting this update it would seem

I’ve just completed the download when I arrived home from work, SR+, I’ve had the car since November and had six previous downloads.

• Informative
Reactions: drewpost
Tried it a few times. Thanks to the stone induced cracked windscreen, I ran out of patience and have up in a huff. I'll try tomorrow in a different network.
Just thinking about it I struggled in the car to get the upgrade from 2019.X.X (car was delivered running pre romance mode FFS) and it eventually just worked but the 2020.4.X.X to 2020.8 was all done from the Tesla App on the phone last night.