Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V8.0 Cabin Tempeture Settings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was excited to see where V8.0 added a Child/Pet feature for a parked car, but Im curious. I have a dog and while traveling always have concerns about leaving him in the car when Im away. The V8.0 mentions this new feature but only references that it has an auto setting of 105 degrees......Ummmm.......thats not an appropriate setting for a child or pet! Anyone know if the temp settings can be adjusted to accommodate other temperatures? Id require a setting of 68-70 degrees for my dog if I considered leaving him in the car, but the V8.0 documentation doesnt mention being able to set the lower temps, or warmer temps if you are in a cold climate.

Was excited to see where V8.0 added a Child/Pet feature for a parked car, but Im curious. I have a dog and while traveling always have concerns about leaving him in the car when Im away. The V8.0 mentions this new feature but only references that it has an auto setting of 105 degrees......Ummmm.......thats not an appropriate setting for a child or pet! Anyone know if the temp settings can be adjusted to accommodate other temperatures? Id require a setting of 68-70 degrees for my dog if I considered leaving him in the car, but the V8.0 documentation doesnt mention being able to set the lower temps, or warmer temps if you are in a cold climate.
Wait for 8.1 when there will be a configuration setting to set the desired "safe" temperature.

as winter approaches in northeast anyone know how to leave car for short periods but leave heaters on so car stays comfy
When you stop, put the car in neutral, not park. Then using the center console set the parking brake. This will leave the climate control on indefinitely. Make sure you lock the car as you have effectively left it on. I think someone could drive off without a key fob if they can get in.

as winter approaches in northeast anyone know how to leave car for short periods but leave heaters on so car stays comfy

As long as you have V8.x of the firmware just buckle the front passenger seat belt before you get out. That should cause it to leave the HVAC on for at least 30 minutes after you get out. (I'm assuming you don't have a passenger.)

I don't know if that allows it to lock when you walk away or not, so you might want to test that.