Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

v8.0 Renders one-pedal driving extinct....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Posted this on another thread but Tesla seems to have dialed back regen so much that I find that I can no longer use the one-pedal drive approach as much.

I wonder if this is in response to all the shudder/front end failures?
@X Fan, I have to say that I can't detect any regen difference between 7.1 and 8.0. Obvious question, but did you confirm your regen setting didn't change after the upgrade?

did you confirm your regen setting didn't change after the upgrade?
No, same setting....
We've had instances in the past were the setting changed but the UI didn't. Might be worth changing your regen setting to Low and then back to Standard. See if it makes any difference in the user experience.

Regen was increased slightly with 8.0. I don't see much difference. There are a lot of variables: Grade, Speed, State of Charge, type of tires, etc. When the battery is close to full, regeneration is greatly diminished.

I thought regen was lighter in 7.1 coming from 7 and then a little bit stronger regen with 8. Then I switched range mode off, and now regen in 8 is pretty strong, almost like in 7. Maybe confounding the observations with range and non range mode.

I haven't noticed the difference in regen between 7.x and 8.0. I've driven both the Model S (pre 8.0) and X and felt that the regen braking force in the Model S was much less than that in the Model X. Makes me wonder if nothing really changed much in the Model X and the Model S gained more regen braking to match the Model X but the shared release notes for v8.0 make it imply both cars got adjusted. Can anyone with a Model S confirm a higher regen braking effect?