Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

v9 finally going international? ... 2018.40 spotted in Japan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Notification for update just popped up on my phone 1 minute ago!
I have no time to install it now, will do it tonight and report back tomorrow.
YESYESYESYES!!!
It is 42.2!
Just installed it and drove for a few Km just to get a first impression.
Obviously no NoA and no Dashcam for me.
Central consolle feels much more reactive than before.
Mini media player is very handy, configuration menu is also more neat and logical.
Missing green marks on empty roads is definitively a negative note.

YESYESYESYES!!!
It is 42.2!
Just installed it and drove for a few Km just to get a first impression.
Obviously no NoA and no Dashcam for me.
Central consolle feels much more reactive than before.
Mini media player is very handy, configuration menu is also more neat and logical.
Missing green marks on empty roads is definitively a negative note.
Awesome! I contacted support and they supposedly verified my logs and said that everything looks "normal" on my end. The update should show up on its own in the following days/weeks... :eek:

So I will just have to wait patiently for it to magically manifest itself (even though I haven't had an update in 2 months) or try to bother them once again later.

Got 42.2 two days ago on my Model X 100D (June 2018):
  • Massive improvements in AutoPilot on my daily commute. It feels a bit more robotic but a LOT more safe. It takes difficult turns with much more confidence. It detects correctly the lanes even on roads without painting.
  • The most useful new feature for me is to be able to change lanes even on secondary roads.
  • I love the blind spot monitoring, although I would like it to be a bit more permisive when changing lanes :)
  • The new UI is great for me
  • Still didn't test the dashcam
  • The Atari games are boring, let's see if they put Pole Position :D
  • The best: NO REGRESSIONS!!! Everything works as expected. Which is great for so big change

• Informative
Reactions: OPRCE
It looks like a few of us in Aus now have it. Installed 42.3 this morning.

Yep, 42.3 seems to have replaced 42.2 in going wide after the latter went to ~57% of fleet over past 6 days.

Please let us know how it drives on AP, if you have that, cheers m8.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-11-02 at 05.40.09.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-02 at 05.40.09.png
    531.4 KB · Views: 66
I have the feeling most people (cars) in Switzerland are waiting for V9.
Did somebody maybe found out what the problem is?

I read yesterday on TFF that the Service Centre at Schlieren, Zürich, had stated per telephone to the poster on 1st Nov. that the rollout of v9 has been stopped in Switzerland after a few test cars had gotten 42.2, but no particular bug was identified nor any expected date for resumption given.
(Source is this thread https://tff-forum.de/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=22123&start=1070 though the site is currently offline for a weekend of maintenance)

A German user in that same thread mentioned that FCW had ceased to work altogether in 42.2 and another replied that for him in AP on Autobahn, although cars cutting in were being properly displayed on IC, the follow-distance would remain unadjusted as if they were not there at all, thus creating an acute collision hazard.

Other reports from USA have 42.2 AP quite prone to suddenly jerk the steering into oncoming traffic on undivided highways, losing touch on the main display, etc.

So probably for all those reasons plus a few more they decided to err on the side of caution and pull any further v9 releases to Switzerland until the situation is improved.

I expect v9 downloads will resume late next week but personally am going to wait for 2018.44.x in hopes that it will have most of these major mishaps ironed out.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: digistyl3
Thank your for these detailed informations OPRCE !

But then this begs other questions: why only Switzerland? Were the local/national SCs just more proactive or is there some kind of heightened liability? If local SCs (or at least the "national level") can apparently influence software rollouts on a national level, does that mean that we could see some kind of second validation (the first one being from the mothership in CA) for updates (especially when considering that things like road rules for FSD are wildly country specific)?

Reactions: OPRCE
Thank your for these detailed informations OPRCE !

But then this begs other questions: why only Switzerland? Were the local/national SCs just more proactive or is there some kind of heightened liability? If local SCs (or at least the "national level") can apparently influence software rollouts on a national level, does that mean that we could see some kind of second validation (the first one being from the mothership in CA) for updates (especially when considering that things like road rules for FSD are wildly country specific)?

Yes, the question of legal/regulatory differences does hover around but unfortunately I do not have any answers ATM.

I've read it somewhere here. I'll try to dump what I remember (no guarantee for correctness)
Europe is divided into 4 zones
- UK
- Switzerland
- Scandinavia
- rest of Europe

The regular maintenance, warranty service... can be done only in zone you bought the new car in. (read: no buying used cars from other zones). Emergency service (while on the trip) everywhere.
I'm not sure if it's for technical (besides UK, there it's clear), tax or other reasons

• Informative
Reactions: digistyl3 and f205v
Congrats but please report in graphic detail ...

Only been able to drive a couple of miles but immediate KTAs for me

- as you can see in photo, you CAN have camera at top at all times. Personally I find it off-putting but I know for many people it’s a deal breaker so they’ll be happy
- I mostly drive in London apart from the occasional mega 2000km road trip, and I push it into Autopilot almost constantly, whenever I can which means often single lane roads where it constantly has to brake, adjust, counter multiple cross streets and so on. I feel that v9 didn’t allow me to engage on parts of road I’ve been able to before, but - when I could engage - it felt somehow more “confident” in following the right path through cross streets.
- send direction to nav via Google actually a cool feature and really usable
- personally I find the new UX far faster, better looking, more intuitive. Web seems faster
- your car in IC is truly minuscule now and takes some getting used to. But inner City traffic on my side of the road captured well and accurately
- Atari: I’m a big vintage gamer and was excited about this but have not given it 30 seconds of play. Why no Pit Stop - the ultimate game to play with steering wheeel

Attachments

• F605E6E0-482C-42F4-BA26-2FF0C76F9EBC.jpeg
    F605E6E0-482C-42F4-BA26-2FF0C76F9EBC.jpeg
    400.6 KB · Views: 35