Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ver:. 5.0 How and when can i get

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What appears to happen is that a select number of beta testers get it first, and then it's rolled out to the rest in no particular order. There are often several beta-type releases before it's rolled out.

you don't want 5.0... it was full of bugs, and you should be thankful that you don't have it. 5.6 is the latest version, and it will get pushed out after it's been thoroughly tested by the beta testers and the folks that got their cars delivered by 5.0 and unknowingly got enrolled in the beta program.

you don't want 5.0... it was full of bugs, and you should be thankful that you don't have it. 5.6 is the latest version, and it will get pushed out after it's been thoroughly tested by the beta testers and the folks that got their cars delivered by 5.0 and unknowingly got enrolled in the beta program.

What bugs? Please elaborate.
My car was delivered at the beginning of September with V5.0, and I haven't had any issues (that I'm aware of).

Definitely isn't a rollout ordered by VIN!

I have VIN 00814 and had been on 4.5 approximately forever (in Tesla time). After a few visits to service this week to diagnose some frequently occurring 3G failures (which they potentially think is related to the large USB thumb drives I use and the cell phone dead zone in my garage), they installed 5.0 for me. So getting 5.0 now was very nice, as I was enjoying the new features on the loaner with 5.6 I had for one day!

After a few visits to service this week to diagnose some frequently occurring 3G failures (which they potentially think is related to the large USB thumb drives I use and the cell phone dead zone in my garage), they installed 5.0 for me. So getting 5.0 now was very nice, as I was enjoying the new features on the loaner with 5.6 I had for one day!

So a service center finally agrees to update someone from 4.5 and they put them on 5.0? Where's the logic in that? Shouldn't it be 5.6 since that has been confirmed as the update ready for mass rollout?

I would be a very happy camper if I could get 5.x loaded on my car. I just find it curious that dflye was upgraded to an outdated release.

So a service center finally agrees to update someone from 4.5 and they put them on 5.0? Where's the logic in that? Shouldn't it be 5.6 since that has been confirmed as the update ready for mass rollout?

I would be a very happy camper if I could get 5.x loaded on my car. I just find it curious that dflye was upgraded to an outdated release.
I was a bit surprised as well that they chose 5.0 over 5.6. Since my issue affected 3G connectivity, and using a fuse reset apparently clears the logs they wanted to see, the local guy had to connect his laptop, then one of their firmware engineers remotely logged into the linux host in the car to poke around. Apparently 5.6 isn't official enough, but at least 5.0 wasn't also verboten.

There were several versions of 5.0. The latest version, I believe, fixed some of the bugs in earlier versions. The 5.6 adds some features/changes suggested by the beta testers and appears to be going to European deliveries. The 4.5/5.0 should be upgraded to the 5.6 soon...maybe it will be one of the announcements coinciding with the Q3 ER on November 5th.

I was a bit surprised as well that they chose 5.0 over 5.6.
I have an "educated guess" on this one -- the service centers have access to 5.0 (on laptops) to address known cases of various issues (but are potentially under orders to limit it to such cases only), but they (may) not have 5.6 on their laptops just yet.