Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Verified Uncorked 75D (with delivery date please)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s rolling out in the UK now as well, although most of the time the VIN list still says no and it needs a physical check at the SC to confirm and then uncork.

Mine’s been done and a heck of a difference.

Dec 16 build 171XXX VIN

SUCCESS!

172xxx build plate Dec 16 (actually plated 23Dec16 before Christmas shutdown) timestamped again at factory gate 3Jan17. I know these dates because I looked up my vehicle details when I worked at Tesla. Unfortunate plating date!

S60D upgraded and rebadged to S75D before delivery to me Jun17.

SC in Sydney Australia was an emphatic "No" a number of times until I asked again in Nov17 and suddenly it was "sure, your VIN is eligible".

Confirmed uncorked now (rather than use dashboard for Tesla, 0-100kmh apps etc I used a more reliable method: on a suitable street accelerate 0-100kmh and measure the point where you hit 100. Either use a spotter or dashcam.) Starting at the same spot, I consistently hit 100kmh many telegraph poles earlier!

The performance is incredible - and this is coming from someone who worked at Tesla demonstrating the P100D every single day. The uncorked S75D is a brilliantly balanced vehicle.

I also took a RWD S70 (uncorked, sept17 build) for 24hrs and it was just as fast but you spend most of the time in traction control before it lurches forward violently when you straighten up. Overpowered!

Moral of the story is keep (politely) asking your SC. It is marked as "on next visit" in a recent service bulletin I think (I no longer work there) for eligible VINs.

• Informative
Reactions: jgjongsma
I have a Model S 75D (ordered from inventory June 2017, delivered July 2017 as a 75D).

What do I have to do to be able to successfully uncork my 75D Model S via Tesla?

Appreciated help/advice.... I am a newbie on this forum site.

Thanks in advance!

Call the Tesla Service Center near you, and make an appointment, tell them you want to have the performance upgrade done. Be prepared to give them your VIN. That's it. My SC in Jacksonville was on the ball, looked up my VIN, said "yup, you're eligible, bring it in". Look at your VIN sticker in the door jamb for your build date as yours may already be "uncorked".

Call the Tesla Service Center near you, and make an appointment, tell them you want to have the performance upgrade done. Be prepared to give them your VIN. That's it. My SC in Jacksonville was on the ball, looked up my VIN, said "yup, you're eligible, bring it in". Look at your VIN sticker in the door jamb for your build date as yours may already be "uncorked".

Many Thanks!!!!
I just called my SC and I am eligible. Yay>
Tesla people are the best.... We use the Force!

Officially uncorked today! VIN 142XXX. Even though the service center confirmed earlier this month, it was still a "don't count your chickens until they hatch" attitude given other have been jerked around according to the Tesla Uncorking Tracker. I do feel sympathy for the new facelift Tesla 75D owners who could not upgrade just because they ordered a few days/weeks before mine...

Does it used up battery faster after you uncorked the car? My guess is yes as the extra power has to come from somewhere. Also if the 75D is being delivered in December 2017, does it mean it should be already uncorked or you still have to request the service?

Does it used up battery faster after you uncorked the car? My guess is yes as the extra power has to come from somewhere. Also if the 75D is being delivered in December 2017, does it mean it should be already uncorked or you still have to request the service?

Energy usage is higher only if you use the extra power.
This may be compensated by driving in chill mode when you don't need the extra power of (uncorked) standard mode.

Tesla service dept. can examine your car and determine if it"s already uncorked.

• Informative
Reactions: Need