Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Version 2018.10.4

bonnie

I play a nice person on twitter.
Feb 6, 2011
Columbia River Gorge
Autopilot is SO much more advanced - love this version! Prior versions couldn't handle the 4 miles of curvy road down to the main road - now, it goes the entire way without a hiccup.

It feels so much more confident, no micro movements, no moving around in the lane.

Annnnndddd.... it now navigates the extremely narrow Hood River bridge that I cross several times a week. Note that the proximity sensors are solid red the entire way across.

Last edited by a moderator:

bonnie

Feb 6, 2011
Columbia River Gorge
Just got a software update notification almost simultaneously as I clicked on this thread.

And now I've wasted time responding instead of running out to the garage!
Get on it! And then go for a drive. You will immediately feel a difference. Sounds strange to say, but it feels more 'confident'.

Reactions: JohnSnowNW

Doctt

Mar 11, 2017
Los angles
Autopilot is SO much more advanced - love this version! Prior versions couldn't handle the 4 miles of curvy road down to the main road - now, it goes the entire way without a hiccup.

It feels so much more confident, no micro movements, no moving around in the lane.

Annnnndddd.... it now navigates the extremely narrow Hood River bridge that I cross several times a week. Note that the proximity sensors are solid red the entire way across.

What was your last version?

Noticed that this software version changed my premium sound audio settings equalizer. Now has a max of 8.0 for each slider instead of 12.0 if I remember correctly. After picking up my X from 1 year service and getting the software update I noticed the sound was different. The EQ settings were all at O. Anyone notice their EQ max changed with premium audio?

Last edited:
Reactions: derkan

Tdreamer

Plaid Supercharger
Supporting Member
Sep 10, 2017
Bedford, Massachusetts
Noticed that this software version changed my premium sound audio settings equalizer. Now has a max of 8.0 for each slider instead of 12.0 if I remember correctly. After picking up my X from 1 year service and getting the dog water update I noticed the sound was different. The EQ settings were all at O. Anyone notice their EQ max changed with premium audio?

I can confirm that 2018.6.1 has EQ limits of 12.

TechVP

Active Poster
Nov 12, 2016
Corvallis, OR
Updated this afternoon 2018.10.4

Added Frunk & Rear hatch control via the updated phone app. And prior release notes, that are covered elsewhere.

Nod to Bonnie for noticing the EQ adjustments are now limited to +/- 8. I see the same in my install.
Can't wait to drive it. Thanks for the reports.
-TechVP

Version 2018.10.4_IMG_8625.JPG

Reactions: MelaniainLA

bonnie

Feb 6, 2011
Columbia River Gorge
Thanks, @bonnie! One brave lady on that bridge using AP! Stuck on a cruise ship somewhere off Mexico and can’t wait to get home! Oh yeah, can’t wait to get the notice it’s downloaded too I guess, first.
I drive that bridge so much that any lingering nervousness is long gone. :) But wow, it was a LOT nicer to have the car assisting me.

Reactions: NewTMSMan

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC