Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Version 2018.10.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

bonnie

I play a nice person on twitter.
Feb 6, 2011
Columbia River Gorge
Autopilot is SO much more advanced - love this version! Prior versions couldn't handle the 4 miles of curvy road down to the main road - now, it goes the entire way without a hiccup.

It feels so much more confident, no micro movements, no moving around in the lane.

Annnnndddd.... it now navigates the extremely narrow Hood River bridge that I cross several times a week. Note that the proximity sensors are solid red the entire way across.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope i get it soon, I have trouble on the bend on 520 right were it goes under 405 heading towards Redmond. It will also be interesting to see how it does on the Aurora Bridge

Reactions: RVD98072
Autopilot is SO much more advanced - love this version! Prior versions couldn't handle the 4 miles of curvy road down to the main road - now, it goes the entire way without a hiccup.

It feels so much more confident, no micro movements, no moving around in the lane.

Annnnndddd.... it now navigates the extremely narrow Hood River bridge that I cross several times a week. Note that the proximity sensors are solid red the entire way across.

What was your last version?

Noticed that this software version changed my premium sound audio settings equalizer. Now has a max of 8.0 for each slider instead of 12.0 if I remember correctly. After picking up my X from 1 year service and getting the software update I noticed the sound was different. The EQ settings were all at O. Anyone notice their EQ max changed with premium audio?

Last edited:
Reactions: derkan
Noticed that this software version changed my premium sound audio settings equalizer. Now has a max of 8.0 for each slider instead of 12.0 if I remember correctly. After picking up my X from 1 year service and getting the dog water update I noticed the sound was different. The EQ settings were all at O. Anyone notice their EQ max changed with premium audio?

I can confirm that 2018.6.1 has EQ limits of 12.

Updated this afternoon 2018.10.4

Added Frunk & Rear hatch control via the updated phone app. And prior release notes, that are covered elsewhere.

Nod to Bonnie for noticing the EQ adjustments are now limited to +/- 8. I see the same in my install.
Can't wait to drive it. Thanks for the reports.
-TechVP

Version 2018.10.4_IMG_8625.JPG

Reactions: MelaniainLA
Got 10.4 on our X and the update tanked the car for a while with both screens blank. After multiple reboots everything finally came back.

Looking forward to AP improvements and hopefully will get the update on our S as well.

Reactions: bonnie
Thanks, @bonnie! One brave lady on that bridge using AP! Stuck on a cruise ship somewhere off Mexico and can’t wait to get home! Oh yeah, can’t wait to get the notice it’s downloaded too I guess, first.
I drive that bridge so much that any lingering nervousness is long gone. :) But wow, it was a LOT nicer to have the car assisting me.

Reactions: NewTMSMan