Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Version 9 on AP1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ah, and yet EVEN apple allows some independence. What calendar app do I want to use? How do I want my homescreen to appear? Do I want to use fingerprint security? Wasn't too long ago that Google Maps and iPhone didn't get along so well. Apple realized it was a big mistake and now allows us to choose. Debate could go on forever, of course. All I'm sayin' is give us a "little" ability to decide what's important to us.

I was hesitant to install the update before the public release of 9.0, given there was little apparent upside for AP1 owners. After watching the reviews and reading all the complaints, I'm definitely going to NOT install 9.0. The only thing I'm planning on doing, it to submit feedback to Tesla about the removal of persistent two app support. Ridiculous how bad the 9.0 UI is versus 8.1.

Last edited:
I was hesitant to install the update before the public release of 9.0, given there was little apparent upside for AP1 owners. After watching the reviews and reading all the complaints, I'm definitely going to NOT install 9.0. The only thing I'm planning on doing, it to submit feedback to Tesla about the removal of two app support. Ridiculous how bad 9.0 UI is versus 8.1.

I was reluctant too and just updated. It's not that bad compared to 8.1. I think it's very subjective to say that. Yes some things could have been done better for sure, but I don't have any operational limitations now that I am on 9.0, unlike recently when they changed the AP to nudge you every 12 seconds, THAT was a ridiculous update.

How about this for operational limitations: I can simultaneously operate any two of the car apps of my choosing, that persistently remember their last use. Can you?

I am that the system remembering the app which was last opened will come in a future update. Not being able to see energy usage and web browser or whatever you like to see sure can be annoying to some and somewhat of a limitation that wasn't there before, but ithat doesn't make v9.0 ridiculously bad.

Reactions: liuping
I finally have the option to load the new firmware but haven't yet ... can anyone who HAS upgraded to v9 on an AP1 car provide a convincing argument to upgrade? Mostly all I've seen are the negatives with this update and I'd like some positive reasons to go ahead with v9
I really like it . Just did a 16-hour Drive interface is great. Autopilot seems about the same as always the nags are too often but I guess we got to live with that for a while. I really enjoy the new positioning of everything much easier reach. So great to have a car that gets better as time goes on

I really like it . Just did a 16-hour Drive interface is great. Autopilot seems about the same as always the nags are too often but I guess we got to live with that for a while. I really enjoy the new positioning of everything much easier reach. So great to have a car that gets better as time goes on

Actually, the lane change has highly improved. It reacts much faster.

Reactions: GlmnAlyAirCar
My 2013 and my wife's AP1 car got V9, my new 2018 S I picked up two days later did not have it yet (and still does not). After driving V9, I find the V8 UI harsh and much prefer V9. I'm hoping my new one gets it soon.

Summon on AP1 seems a lot more aggressive with the 1" lip on the concrete into my garage. V8 would usually hesitate as it slowly applied power until the front wheels cleared the lip, and then it'd abort and I'd have to summon again to the the rest of the car into the garage. V9 will still hesitate a bit, but it'll get both axels over the lip and park completely before turning off.